Hello there. It is not enough because my cat has some problem with the rash on her leg. Today, I saw one new problem, and I really don’t know what to do, because I am definitely going to change the vet that I was visiting for years. My dog Max, he is usually outside, he doesn’t want to be in the house. I know that this is my fault, but I didn’t pay so much attention on him lately. Today, I saw that he has some rash – everywhere! On his legs, under his tail, on his ears, on his tummy. I am planning to visit the vet, a new vet, but I was hoping that you can tell me what are remedies for dog skin rash?

Hello I had a lot of problems with my vet as well. He really didn’t want to do his job. Whenever I had a problem with my dog, he told me that I should bath him. So, I totally do understand what you are talking about. There are a lot of remedies for dog skin rash, but unfortunately, I can’ tell you a lot about this, because you need to find a good vet. I can see that your dog is literally attacked, and this needs a vets attention. Until you find them, you should use chamomile tea for this. It will alleviate the rash.

The rash is all over his body? It sounds alarming. When are you planning to take him to the vet?

I would do that as soon as possible. I have no idea what might’ve caused that rash all over the body. My dogs never had it like that, it is usually a rash on the inner parts of their legs or on their bellies.  I’ve never seen a rash so spread.

You should find some cotton t shirt for him to wear so he doesn’t lick the sore spots. There are sore spots right? Also try bathing him twice a week with oatmeal shampoo. And between baths you can use Rescue Remedy.

Hi there. You really do have a lot of problem with your pets lately :/ I totally do agree that this is alarming, and you need to see the vet as soon as possible. I recommend you oatmeal shampoo, because this might be some allergic reaction to something. Until you see your vet, I am sure that oatmeal shampoo with some aloe vera extract, can be really helpful. But, I am scared that this will need more aggressive treatment, such as antibiotics. I don’t know what to say, except good luck and I hope that everything will be fine soon, I understand that you are scared and worried. 

I tried all kinds of sprays, lotions and all sorts of bath products, but nothing ever worked for my dog’s rash. And he had several rashes in the past.

I loved the effects that Rescue Remedy had on his skin.

Try it, you have nothing to lose. Just dilute 10 drops of it in 2 oz of Spring Water. You can then apply in to those itchy and red areas of the skin. That way you will calm the skin down .

As I said, it worked very good for my dog. That’s maybe the only thing that works when he has a rash.

Uh, near full body skin rash is very problematic. I also think that oatmeal bath can be helpful (at least it won’t do any harm to your dog). You can use aloe vera and chamomile tea for soothing his skin as well.

But, as I said, it is a very unpleasant situation and only a vet can give you proper advice in this matter. She or he must determine the cause of this rash and decide what is the best for your dog. Of course, if you don’t have enough faith in your current vet, switch to another one.

Good luck!

Hello. My ex boyfriend had the almost same situation as you did, but his dog didn’t have a rash all over his body :/

That is a little bit strange for me, I don’t know really what it is about. I agree with all those advice, but those oatmeal shampoos with some aloe vera extract can only help you alleviate this, I am pretty sure that it won’t cure this annoying rash. I do not recommend you to use all those sprays, because you still don’t know anything about the rash. Wait until your vet tells you what to do.