I'm very anxious when i think of my girlfriend cheating on me or leaving me. A simple solution to this problem would be to stop thinking of said issue.....the problem is i can't. No matter how much i remind myself she's faithful and loves me, i can't prevent the thoughts from entering my mind. Almost as if they're obsessive. I also tend to become paranoid in certain situations. when her and i go out, any guy whom i feel may be more attractive than me, i view as if she sees him and wants to cheat on me with him. I've been like this in a few of my relationships. Never this bad. A while back, i began to experience symptoms of what has been dubbed HomoOCD. Or the obsessive fear of being homosexual. I have also shown signs of other Ocd issues. Too much to go into. Not helped by the fact that i am a male who wears make up to hide his acne scars.....possibly fueling my paranoia? i also feel as if everybody i glaring at me or pissed at me when i'm driving....all this anxiety is crippling...i don't know what to ask for...advice....i guess. my recent compulsion for understanding what is wrong with me is going online and researching the topics i have mentioned. now i'm sure i've mis-self-diagnosed myself with every mental disorder there is.

Hi Worried Tauras,

I was going to suggest to you to practice some positive self talk and rational thinking; however, it seems to me you are already practicising those. It does take time to train the mind to think less negatively about situations and it is very hard; however, with time and practice it will get better.

Given you say you have previous history of OCD behaviors it may be wise to see a professional who specialises in the treatment of OCD. Consult your medical doctor and get a referral from him/her.

I wish you all the best!
Take Care
Cassie
Happy Life Space

I suffer with exactly the same thing and have for 3 years.....its ruining every relationship i get into and ive had enough. I was cheated on before this started and i have had cognical behavioural therapy which has not helped. Any help will do because its ruining my life.