Everything I have read here is from people who have had off and on pain under the breastbone. Most people also talk about how many years they have been suffering with pain associated with the gallbladder. Is it possible to have gallbladder disease and not have had these ongoing pains and symptoms? I had one severe attack. Went to emergency room. Enzymes came back low, ultrasound of liver performed. .5 centimeter polyp in gallbladder noted. One doc says forget about it and to just follow up with another ultrasound in 6 months. One doc sent me for the CCK HIDA scan. I became SUPER sick within 15 seconds of the hormone injection. Some people say the "sickness" during the test doesn't mean anything. Some say it does and is indicative of gallbladder disease. There was no blockage between the liver and the gallbladder. I am currently awaiting the radiology report which should tell how well the gallbladder disburses the bile. Is it possible that one such attack is all it would take as far as symptoms to indicate a bad gallbladder?

The hormone cholecystokinin causes the gallbladder to contract, forcing the bile into the duodenum. Any resistance to bile flow would have made you sick. I tend to agree that the sickness that you experienced may be an indication of gallbladder disease.