I'm 23 years old, my mother had her gallbladder removed spontaneously because it was very inflammed. I had what was determined to be a gallbladder attack a couple months ago from eating taco bell. i was given an ultrasound on my gallbladder and lab work. some liver enzymes came back elevated, then after a second set of liver lab tests done a few days later, they came back normal except one. the ultrasound came back normal as well. i was then given a ct scan of the abdomen and pelvis with the barium drink. i was also given a hida scan on my gallbladder as well. all the tests came back normal. i've also had a endoscopy done as well as chest and abdominal x rays done. on and off i get this cramping (not very painful, just annoying) on my upper right abdomen, and i get this on and off burning in between my shoulder blades too. again, nothing near as painful as the gallbladder attack was, but the burning is not pleasant either. i don't know what this could be, the only thing that has been determined is that i have some mild gastritis. i don't know what other tests i could have done to figure what this is, i still think it's my gallbladder but maybe im just paranoid. any suggestions? if im not in pain then the hospital just prescribes me vicodin (which i don't take) and sends me home. but now that all the tests are coming back fine, what do i do? my pcp says i should wait it out to see if anything else develops because my symptoms are vague and the tests indicate everything is fine.

Hi there. I'm 17 years old and have had similar symptoms for well over a year.  it all started with abdo. pain and a general feeling of malaise.  I lost a LOT  of wt. for no reason, have 'attacks' daily and no Canadian Dr. can find what is wrong... Because I've had every test under the sun done they have deemed its all in my head!!! I'm not crazy, I involuntarily vomit at least 6 times a day and it CANNOT be held in or else it comes out of my nose.  I had a test done called and 'upright CCK' test in the states... lo and behold it is the gallbladder... no stones and slightly dysfunctional but the cause of A LOT of pain and discomfort!! Try searching 'Dr. Smedley, Pensylvania' and check out his website 'misdiagnosed anorexia', as that is also what I've been told my problem is... but that's NOT it because I absoloutely love food and just want to be able to eat pain and nausea-free!!! Hope this helps, this man's site was a GODSEND!!