My husband is suffering from RUQ pain for moths. He did some testing but he has been told that he has IBS. He always feels discomfort and just can’t get rid of it. He did ultrasound of the liver and it looked ok He is worried about his liver and gallbladder. I am wondering how come that RUQ pain is undiagnosed.

Well regarding the RUQ pain, I suggest him to do abdominal ultrasound, which can image the liver and gallbladder. You also may consider HIDA scan with CCK stimulation which can evaluate the gallbladder function. The liver itself contains no nerve endings, and does not feel pain, although many people with HCV experience a pain on the upper right side(URQ) of their body( beneath the ribs) . It is believed to be "referred pain" from the swelling of the liver capsule due to the disease process. Maybe that is why it is undiagnosed?

I have been suffering this pain for about 3 yrs, Im being sent now to see about MS, it could be something called the MS hug, and yes it can feel like its on one side or localized like that, best wishes