I'm wondering if is it possible to have an operation for both kidneys of a person at the same time? The sizes of the stones are 4 cm and 5 cm. He was oparated with his kidneys 4 times already (twice for both kidneys).

If you say someone you know has already had the operation of both of his kidneys twice, than it is possible to do it. Otherwise it wouldn’t have been done!
I have also heard that it is possible to take out the stones from both of the kidneys at the same time.
The surgery itself carries a small risk of complications related to heart and lungs and they are relatively rare. Swelling and bruises after the surgery could be a bit troublesome. Also, chest infections may arise, particularly in smokers.
Patients usually recover within 2 months.
What matters the most is taking out the stones which are damaging kidneys, causing pains, infections and bleeding.