My medical insurance is going to end Oct. 1st. I need bunion surgery on both feet. One foot is unbearable to walk on. The other does not hurt at all. I will have the surgery paid 100% if I do it now. If I wait and do the other foot later, I will have to pay a lot of the cost. Do I correct both now, including hammer toes on both feet? Or, do one at a time and pay for the second one later. The doc says he will do both if necessary, but does not like to. I like the thought of getting it over with at once. But, I will not be able to walk AT ALL for 7-10 days. Will I regret this? Are there complications I am not taking into consideration? Anyone who has had both feet done, please comment!

I'm getting both feet done in 2 weeks, also left in pain bunion rubbing bone on bone and right doesn't hurt but has that red nodule and is crooked
to the side. My doctor says its ok for both that will shuffle feet for 2 weeks and then start "walking" to stretch the muscles-they have to put pins and cadaver cartilage, but I want to return to playing tennis next year
when the weather is nice in Florida. Good luck!