Hello!
I have a problem and need advice. My docotr discovered I have polopys of the colon (I was bleeding previously). He said this is nothing to be worried about and that they need to be removed. I would like to know what is the chance of developing colon cancer after having polopys of the colon?
Thanks in advance!

I suppose you shall get you polyps removed. The risk of developing cancer after polyps have been removed is 2,3 compared to risk if you do not have your polopys removed; in that case the risk is 8,0.
Besides this comparison, polyps bigger than 1 cm have greater risk for developing cancer than those under 1 cm. There are some more comparisons where colon cancer is more likely to occur, but I wouldn’t go in to that, because it is way to medical terminology and I am not sure you would understand it.
Besides that, colon cancer occurs more likely with men than women and more over in black Americans are more likely than white Americans to be diagnosed with colorectal cancer.
Besides that smokers, drinkers, sedentary and obese persons are more likely to develop colon cancer.