Hello, folks. My son had urinary problems, so we took him to a doctor and asked for more thorough examination. After some tests, he was diagnosed with doubling of the urethral tract. His doctor recommended operation, but I would like to know if this is the only solution for this condition. I would appreciate all your replies.

Hi, there. You have probably thought of double urethra. This is a congenital disorder. Not all cases of double urethra need surgery. Perianal urethras are those who need surgical treatment. These operations are complicated. If there are both openings on the penis, then operation is needed in certain cases. Those would be: reflux, incontinence or infections. I don’t know in which situation your son is. Talk more thorough with your son’s doctor. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!