Hi there, I am a guy who is suffering from sinusitis for years now. I know that I already should know just about everything about the condition, but I still would like you to tell me your experiences or everything you know about this disease. I am eagerly waiting for your responses.

Well, in most cases inflammation of the sinuses can't appear without inflammation of the nose. It can be acute, sub-acute or chronic. As for chronic sinusitis, there are many causes for it. They may include allergies, environmental causes, bacterial infection and I believe that fungus may play some role as well. I am sure that you know much more than me anyway. I wish you best of luck.

Well, I have had the same problem for six years now have had seven sinus surgeries, and a, still having severe sinus problems. Like me you have a lot of test done and stuff I'm sue i just resently got out of the hospital and the doctor referred me to a neurologist because of all the pain and headaches. My doctor said there could be possible nerve damage that is cause all the sinus pain and headaches. So you might check into that as well so thats what i say maybe a neurologist can help you as well. I wish you luck.

I cured my long-standing chronic debilitating sinusitis with pineapple. I eat a small amount every day--sometimes just as a slice sometimes in a fruit smoothie. Pineapple won't work for those who are allergic. For those who merely dislike the flavor you can buy bromelain--though I think food sources of enzymes are usually superior in part because some of these enzymes supplement manufacturers add so much sugar.

I make smoothies of pineapple and other fruit--no dairy through--the other fruit can disguise the flavor of pineapple, while pineapple when blended becomes foamy like milk and gives the smoothie a milkshake texture.

It has to be fresh. Canned or cooked or frozen won't do. Canning, cooking, freezing destroys the enzyme bromelain which is the natural anti-inflammatory which helps reduce the inflammation in the sinuses so they can drain.

Don't eat too much, however. It breaks down protein and a symptom that it has gone to work on your body is sores at the corners of the mouth. I generally eat about one 1/2-3/4 inch slice of pineapple a day and no more. See what works for you.

By the way, this may not work for you. Those with candida may find it not a wise idea to eat pineapple and may want to try the tablet form of bromelain, but make sure the tablet contains significant amounts.