I need information on how to deal with and help the child that seems to be out of control. The child that intimidates, hits, punches and seems to enjoy torturing their siblings, argues, refuses to participate or follow directions can be difficult to live with and can create disharmony within the household. The family is falling apart because of him. I am his father.

As a parent, you should know your child better than anyone. Parents can also be afraid to go for help because they can feel poor parenting causes the problems or they have failed in some way. One parent may blame the other, but you can take control of the situation and help your child. It is hard work and many times a long, hard road. As many times as you have watched your child bully their siblings, you can also remember the time the quietly sat on the couch and read a story together, so believe in your assessment of the situation.