I am very concerned about three children ages between 2-6 years of age. They've had ringworm for OVER A YEAR and they are infected all over!! Scalp, face, neck, arms, legs, everywhere!! None of the hermbal remedies are working..tea tree oil, bleach, and etc.. The caretaker for them is against medications from the doctor stating they are too harsh and will effect the children in other ways. What should be done?? Also, is it harmful to the children internally?? Can anything result in this other than ringworm like viral infections or other permanent illnesses?? The fungus is in there system and supposely the doctors are saying its okay keep up with the rememdies and stay away from the legit medications and treatments. Is this true? Please help me with any input that you do have it will be greatly appreciated!! Thank you.

A parent or legal guardian is legally responsible for the health and well-beings of the children under his/her care. It is not healthy for children to be infested all over their bodies for over a year. The herbal remedies apparently do not work. It is time that mainstream medicine be used.
If this were to happen in the United States, a parent or legal guardian who allows his/her children's health to deteriorate like this, is subject to arrest, and likely will be charged with child abuse and be sent to prison, and the children will be taken into state custody. This often happened when a concerned neighbor like you reported the incidence to the police.

WHAT SHOULD BE DONE?? The mother thinks she is doing nothing wrong and argues the fact that the herbal medications are slowly working. It's been over a year! In the process of all this many other people have been infected by them. The others treated themselves with medications prescribed by a doctor and everything cleared up in a period of 2-3 weeks. Will there be any other side effects of having ringworm for so long?

My son had horrible Eczema when he was younger. And every time he would get a flare up my daycare would send him home and have me take him to the doctor and get a note saying it was not contagious before he could return. It would make me so mad at the time. Until my son caught ringworm from school. It made me really appreciate the fact that my childcare provider really cared about the safety and health of the children in her facility. It is this parent/caretaker to ensure and maintain a healthy lifestyle. And letting them walk around with a contagious, painful disease in my book isn't doing a good job of caring for them. Personally, I would call Child Protective Services on the parent/caregiver if the children are not being cared for and receiving proper medical attention. I'm pretty sure legally there is something wrong here. Kind of makes you worry about the conditions in the home. Ringworm can live on surfaces, bedding, clothing, pets, etc.... Ringworm will be infectious (able to transmit it to another person) as long as the ringworm fungus remains present in the skin lesion. Not to mention this must be very itchy, uncomfortable, possible painful, and even embarrassing for these children. The ringworm fungus is no longer present when the lesion starts to shrink. If it's not treated it will become chronic. Are we sure these children are insured? Maybe that's why they're not being treated. If the guardian can't afford to treat this tell her to get Lotrimin or Mycelex (used to treat athletes foot) from the drug store. Good luck!!

The mother seems to think that her case isn't that serious, that there are parents who do way worse to their children and that CPS can't do anything. As for insurance they were insured last I checked but even if they weren't the oral medication the most is $100.00. That wouldn't put a hole in her pocket considering the fact that the mother blows money on nonsense all the time. Money isn't the issue she can afford to have them treated, she just wants to prove herself right. They've had ringworm for 14 months now untreated and have given it to more than 5 people! That is ridiculous! If she were to put the cream on it once, after 24 hours it wouldn't be contagious anymore! Then the ringworm would stop spreading all over the children and to others. Since they've had it so long they would need the oral medication because it's in there system. The mother says the oral medication will give her children liver disease and that I don't know anything about what I'm talking about. The warning on the medication says DO NOT take if you HAVE liver disease not that you will magically get it from taking it!! I tried to help and suggest things to do but all I do is get verbally attacked. I strongly believe that I am right in this situation. It's not fair to the children, that is my main concern! Should I contact CPS is it that serious? Should I get involved?? I'm so confused!

Please tell CPS or the Board of Health. I am dealing with a similar issue at my son's school. People being naiive about whether or not their child has it and I don't want my son to get one. Even with the proper medications, those are VERY hard to get rid of. Herbal remedies DO NOT WORK, especially when they have been on her children's systems that long. That needs to be reported and dealt with ASAP. Those things spread to easily and I would NOT want my son at the same school with her kids.

i've had ring worm for a lil bit. the perscription cream didnt kill it off all da way, kno wat im sayin.  bout 8 months