I’m a mother of bad behaving child. I dislike admitting that it’s all my fault, but to be honest it probably is so. But my biggest concern now is how to help my child behaving normally. The problem is that he is aggressive, insolent, willing to give orders. He often lies, refuses to do chores and angry when doesn’t get what he wants. Is there anyone who could come up with some good advice on what can I do to direct my child on a right way?

HI! It’s obvious that you’ve missed the best period on educate your child and it’s from his birth. Ok, ok I don’t want to make this even harder for you. There are more parent education programs in guiding a misbehaving child. Those programs, with proper guidance, could encourage your child to complete tasks. After using these programs a selfish child may learn how to help others may learn how to appreciate another’s persons feeling and may become quite a brand new person himself. Of course, it’s not that much easy since guiding a bad behaving child requires a lot of patience, but sometimes it also requires that some parents change their essential attitudes toward life and people and often they must change their feeling toward themselves and their child. Actually, I’m recommending you Alfred Adler’s Training Program which is advised to be used by many psychotherapists. According to this program, if your child is behaving like you described the worse thing to do is to assert your authority because bad behavior may become even worse. You need to withdraw from a struggle, to take action without getting angry or upset so that your child can act the same way like you do. If you can control the things around, this would calm your child too so he can decide to act the same way.