To all those with this issue or similar issues, there really needs to be a thought into why this could be happening. Seems easy to say, but the proof is in the anatomy and physiology.

Now I take purely an osteopathic approach to this issue, so if you are not to sure what i am talking about you can visit, http://canadianosteopathy.ca/, to learn a bit more about where i am coming from. 

Some of you could have been born with anatomical defects surrounding the thoracic spine, i.e. scoliosis, boney defects, etc., but I am sure you can’t all have something because an X-ray will pick this up easily. Most medical professionals these days if they cannot find an obvious defect, in the anatomically or physiology, they will use the word idiopathic (from an unknown source or reason).

Why do I stick around the thoracic spine because this is where the sympathetic chain ganglia originates. The ganglia are involved with many physiologic processes in the body. If they are stimulated/ facilitated in some why by a change in the underlying anatomy (boney, muscle, connective tissues) this could set off a potential cascade of events that lead to your symptoms. So by being heightened in some manner all it takes is the slightest changes in the inner workings, by the environment or even the body, to elicited this cascade of events. This is just a part of the picture though. You also need to remember there is a second part to the autonomic nervous system, the parasympathetic system. This system is the opposite to the sympathetic, yin to its yang, so this also needs to come into consideration. 

One of the posts talked about horrible pain at the base of his/her skull, well guess what, this is right where the most important parasympathetic nerve originates from the skull. If this nerve is irritated, you can see issues like digestion and evacuation (e.g. diarrhoea), but on the other side of this, if the nerve is inhibited, then there is less control over the sympathetic. Shall i return to the word used earlier...Facilitation/heightened. 

This post was just meant to provoke a thought process and not answers to issues. Well to be honest this is only a fraction of the picture because everyone is different and I have only talked about 2 areas of the body and 1 aspect of the nervous system. Just remember everyone the body works as a whole not as individual parts. Taking meds to supress the issues is just that, it isn’t solving the issues. To those who have opted for the surgery, I am glad you have found relief, but peripheral nerves do like to grow back and severing a connection that was intended to be there, well i am not to sure when the overall effect could turn out to be.

Sorry for the long post, but for some reason I have never accepted the answer, "well this is just the way you are." or "It is idiopathic, there is no reasonable explination." from the medical community. Dig on people, don't settle for a pill bottle...the answers are never, well almost never, at the bottom of a bottle! :-D

I see that it has been 4 years since you posted your voncerns about your nervous system. If you happen to get this you appear to be sympathetic dominant. You can pretty much regulate or suppress this purey by nutrition. Yes nutrition. No need to drug yourself. Sympathetic dominant people need to minimize meat protein especially red meat. Chicken 1-2 times a week and fish 1-2 times a week is OK. you will do real well on raw fruits and vegetables, very low fat diet low or no dairy and nit much grains (breads, pasta, rice, beans etc) nuts and seeds are Ok. I won't be checking this post again as I accidentally stumpbled upon this website.

***Post is edited by moderator *** Private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

hey, you are right friend but i have a different problem that i have a strong concentration on my sweaty hands,how can i overcome by that concentration,because of that concentration i have more sleeping problems.please give me some advice.......

I just had the ETS surgery done 3 weeks ago and I feel like I have a whole new life (dry hands, underarms, and face!). 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

I have always wondered why I would often be the only person in a photo with red eye! I began thinking more about it recently when I noticed how large y pupils were in some close up photographs despite the being taken with a flash in a well lit environment......................................

You might want to look into a possible Dysautonimia diagnosis. Some people are perfectly "healthy", but their autonomic nervous systems reacts inappropriately to stimuli, or to imagined stimuli. There are ways to manage it, and groups to lend support.

Great Post! However, I would like to add: Relax-Eze: Dr. Christopher Nerve Herbal Food Combination: See formula using black cohosh, cayenne, hops, lady's slipper, lobelia, scullcap, valerian, wood betony and mistletoe. With this tonic you will begin to feel stronger in just a matter of a very few days because it will rebuild frayed nerves and sheath on the nerves. For a person having difficulty in sleeping, take 1/2 to 1 cup of hops, valerian, or skullcap (any of these alone in tea form or the three mixed together), and these will relax the nerves. As wll as Kelp reduces tension, produces relaxation and enables the system to store up vitality and reserve energy; concentration becomes easier owing to the freer flow of blood through the brain and it is easier to think clearly. An great herbal remedies: Relaxing Nervine (headache, neck, shoulder and muscular tension, irritability, nervousness or raw nerves, sleeplessness, female organs): See formula using camomile, white poplar, false unicorn, lady's slipper, lobelia and ginger. [SNH p.220]
Hysteria (relax nerve tension, soothe and tone nerves): See formula using lady's slipper, scullcap, ginger and raspberry leaves. The one I found that worked for me was: Several formulas to aid nervous conditions are listed as well including:St. John’s All-Over Nerve Oil, handful fresh St. John’s Wort, 100 ml olive oil and 20 drops lemon oil.
It can vary on the time it cures nervous conditions none the less it is definetly a cure! Best of Luck!1

i heard all this can cause a stroke

I would be cautious about benzos, once you start them, you can become very dependent sometimes within only a couple weeks, and it is very hard to come off of them. I just did a slow taper, from valium, and it is taking me a long time to recover from withdrawal symptoms, not feeling good at all, they work for what they work for, but stopping them is very hard, all I'm saying is just be cautious, and only take them if you absolutely have too.

hardly, YOU MY FRIEND ARE A TROLL

hyperhidrosis does it make you suicidal? my psychiatrist said he was suprised I didnt commit suicide. please repl

Absolute rubbish!!! You have no idea what your talking about -- stop misleading people with genuine problems.

If the symptoms you have that have been labeled as fibromyalgia are a result of spinal subluxation, any chiropractor dedicated to corrective wellness care could help. Of course, it is a rare thing for a medical doctor to know anything about this, let alone tell their patients such things...but it does happen. My professional opinion is that those with a gentler approach (i.e. NUCCA, Activator, B.E.S.T, S.O.T., Network, etc. techniques) work well with people who have a lot of pain or are very sensitive, for better long term results. Also, not all upper cervical techniques are gentle...just keep that in mind. I'm not degrading any particular technique here, just saying certain styles are better for certain circumstances.

As for poor "sick and tired of blushing"...how is that "heredity" diagnosis treating you? I want my patients to have results, not just reasons. Medical doctors have lots of reasons and few lasting, practical answers. Keep in mind that we inherit not just similar genetic blue prints from our ancestors, but also our habits, diets, and lifestyles, which in turn, demand different expressions of our genetic information depending on our (conscious and passive) choices. So, if you want the best out of your body and out of your life, know that heredity is not synonymous with unchangeable nor inevitable.

Dr. Yurczak knew what he/she was talking about, even while still a student. I hope our information keeps people thinking and healing!

-Dr. Sheena Boyd, BA, DC

take some trace minerals

Your doctor sounds terrible! Don't believe me? Ask any other Doctor!