I am curious what causes overactive sweat glands- for it is been a long time now I have this problem with excessive sweating whenever I do some exercise or in some other conditions such as hot weather and even anxious attacks-I simply sweat to much and somebody told me I have in fact some problem related with over activeness of my sweat glands so I would like to hear what causes overactive sweat glands and what can I do about this? Thank!

There are many reasons or causes of overactive sweat glands such as heredity at first place, but also in some cases consuming the specific foods and beverages could be the cause of overactive sweat glands as well as certain drugs. You haven't mentioned how old you are for also the menopause could be one of the causes of overactive sweat glands and there are also many other causes for example hypoglycemia, fever and in most severe cases some hearth condition and so on. Anyway if your overactive sweat glands causes you serious form of hyperhidrosis-that is a condition of excessive sweating than you have different treatment opt and one of them is surgery especially if you basically have axillary hyperhidrosis this could be the right treatment of overactive sweat glands and it consists of removing the sweat glands.

I myself have excessive sweating, mainly in the underarm area, and my kind of wishy washy doctor hasn't given me a reason why I sweat either. However, what I have found that works 100% of the time is Drysol - it's an over the counter liquid that you just dab on every week, and it completely eliminates sweating. Not a permanent solution, but trust me, it works like a charm.