i went to the doctor and he told me he thinks im not ovulating ive got one baby whos 2years old and been trying for number 2 for 18 mths.i still get my perouids and for the first time my peroid is 9 days late.could the doctor be wrong am i pregnant?

Hello there! Unfortunately, you can have a period without ovulating. A period or menstruation is the bleeding that occurs about 12 to 16 days after ovulation or the release of an egg. If ovulation does not occur, no egg is released, and hence technically there should be no bleeding at all. This is known as anovulation. In women where ovulation fails to occur because of an anovulatory disorder, bleeding can occur nevertheless. This is known as anovulatory bleeding and is not a normal menstrual period. Some women may notice a difference in the flow of bleeding. It may become heavier or lighter than your usual flow. You can always do a pregnancy test, I hope your doctor was wrong about your ovulation. Good luck.