I'm thinking of doing the PPH Surgery for internal prolapsed hems, so i would like to hear from other people who have done this and how they have recovered 6mts or even longer down the track. Only because i hear there is a 25% recurrence rate one this type of surgery.

Cheers for and advice!!

Hi there, I have heard from a friend who had to get this done that he was pretty happy with it, but I don't know how long ago he had it done. Does anyone else have any sort of advice for Craig? I'm curious to hear myself!

Hey Guys!

I had the stapling procedure done back in May, and I had all of the same questions you guys have now. I'll start off by giving you guys some background information on myself. I am a 23 year old college student (relatively young to be having any major issues with hemorrhoids) and had a really horrible case of hemorrhoids that were causing a large decrease in my day to day quality of life. The prolapse I experienced was comparable in size to a tennis ball or maybe even larger, shaped like a rosary. I had the PPH procedure done, went pretty smoothly, recovery was really nothing to complain about except the catheter I had put in due to swelling that was taken out and put back in several times over a 3 week time frame that became really annoying (but not as bad as you would except). The bad news is, my hemorrhoids are back at the same level they were back in May of this year. The only thing I would say that has improved is the time they take to reinsert themselves back into the rectum and there is less bleeding, however recently the bleeding has begun to pick up again.

Believe it or not, Tuesday I am actually going in to have the full blown hemorrhoidectomy done and needless to say I am scared sh*tless (no pun intended). I plan on posting a daily report on how the recovery goes in detail as I have found that personal experiences with recovery are invaluable and I would love the opportunity to give back to the message board that had helped me so much going through my last procedure.

Anyways, Ive written this in somewhat of a rush as im in a hurry to go finalize incompletes im being forced to take in my classes and a rather large leave of absence from work (thank god for FMLA and the 150 hours of paid sick leave I get for serious illness/surgery). If you guys have any questions at all, specific or not so specific, that you would like me to address I would be more than happy to get back to you as soon as I can (sometime later today probably).

Have you heard of the DG-HAL Treatment seems to be a far less invasive surgery all they seem to do is tie off the vessles that cause the blood flow and suture the prolapse back to the wall which turns into scar tissue very fast and only 2-3 days down time with minimal problems.