Yes, another hip pain message! Reader's Digest Version:

Total hip replacement in August 2006 (titanium) - right side. Great recovery, no problems since then (well, up until a 3 weeks ago)

Last November I 'snapped' Quad Tendon on Left knee - had that repaird, and great recovery.

Followed physical therapy sessions, and began to work out on treadmills, etc (about 40 pounds over weight due to inactivity over two years - and, of course, putting too much of the wrong food in my mouth!)

Had quite a bit of dental work done 3 weeks ago, and too the meds one hour prior to procedure.

Since then, I've had an increasing amount of pain in the right hip, front of calf, rear end. I have a long, 75 minute commute and when I get to work I can hardly stand, and the pain during the drive is getting worse.

Went to orthopedic surgeon last week and he took an xray (showed nothing of significance) and had blood work done with a followup visit later this week.

Of course, I'm concerned about an infection - however, I don't have a temperature, although I cough up clear mucus in the mornings (non smoker).

And, as expected - I'm concerned. Having to take more ibuprofen to cover the pain, and I'm wondering about other conditions that could cause such pain. The hip does seem a warmer than the other side. The down side of the internet is that there is just too much information available - and, in general people thing worse case scenarios, as do I!
Deep Vein Thrombosis?

I've had no falls, injuries, and I didn't overdo it on the treadmill.

Any input as to what may be causing the pain?
Thank you in advance for your responses.
Bill

did you every find out what was causing the pain? I have a similar problem and will call my ortho. after I come back from vacation. It is also in my lower back and on both hips

I am having the same problems. Had my replacement 2006. Interested in knowing what you found out.

Same thing is happening to me.. What did they find out.

I had my right hip replaced over 15 years ago; now having some excuriating pain at times. I have had 3 left hip replacements; one was recalled & the other failed------ so yes I know what they are all about.  The pain is around my inner groin area, under buttock are & at times shoots down my legs. This almost drops me to my knees at times. I don't understand can this infection happen this long after a surgery? I'm sick of eating pain pills which only seem to help for a little while. Now my ortho surgeon wants an MRI done and some other procedure if there is fluid; is he suspecting MRSA? I have worked in a nursing home & I know what this is. And yes I am scared. Any advice or suggestions.

Right hip replaced July 2012 with titanium (Jonson & Jonson). Second year, the pain has increased. Most pain in pelvis and down right leg where the bone was removed. Medical doctors are afraid to give pain medication because for what their lawyers tell them. Would like to try medical marijuana but live in North Carolina.

I had a hip replacement Feb 2016. I'm 47, was an avid biker,bowler, and runner. I owned my own landscaping businesses, and also bought a farm to retire on. Currently, I haven't worked since April 2016, I finally couldnt take the increasing pain every day. The leg operated on is now an inch and a half longer than before. Before I was 5'10" and a half,still am on my right leg, but now I'm 6 foot on my left leg. The pain in my hip, outer thigh, and knee, is now too much to take. I'm on complete bed rest now. I would never had done this had I known what a crappy surgeon Stroop is. Hope I'm the only one.

I eat fresh turmeric every day and it keeps the pain away.
With my replacement plus various plates & screws I find that sugar adds to pain at night plus moon cycles.

What you all might be experiencing is peripheral nerves that were cut during your hip surgery. I ended up having several cut because my nerve branches are different that most. I flew to Dr. Tim Tollestrup to have him disconnect these nerves to stop the pain signals to the brain.