I am having pain on my shoulder blades in the back of my back that goes to the front left side.Its like someone has pushed some knife straight through my front side to the back of my shoulder blades on the left side.I recently had surgery on jan 28 2011 and i went and had my cast taken off to be put in another one but a walking cast. any ideas what it might be?

Julie

I have a stabbing pain under my left shoulder blade which comes through to my chest, hurts considerably when I breathe deeply, move my arms a lot ie. housework or walking. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and often have inflammation of the lining of the chest, this clears up after some time, but this stabbing pain has been present for a long time.

I am on inflammatory medication which make the RA bearable, but this constant pain is really debilitating. I have had normal x-rays but nothing shows up in that area.

Does anyone have any idea what it is, my doctor is puzzled and puts it down to RA, as this is constant is becomes unbearable.

just seen your question about the back stabbing pain, exactly like mine and i think your doctor maybe right. I have recently had pain in my elbows too which is RA so it sounds like it could be just that, did you get to the bottom of it?

Have u ever pop u shoulder out of sock it

My one and only thing to say is i wish i would have listen to my grandm when when she said always take care of ur self and eat your viggi;)