I have been waking up with a nagging pain between my shoulder blades, for 2-3 days over the last one week. The pain recedes and gradually disappears within around 2 hours after I get up from bed.

Please advise.

Hi, I have the same problem. I have a seven month old baby and since his birth I have been waking up with this pain. It hurts when I want to turn, sometimes even when I want to breath. It dessapears when I get up and start moving. It's pretty painfull and I'm getting really fed up with it.

Why has nobody answered to this forum? I googled my symptoms and it seems that I am not alone. Anyone know what this pain between the shoulder blades in the morning is?

check Ankylosing spondylitis

My best guess would be that you are sleeping with your arms above your head and overstreching the muscles.  ( or arms extended too far in front of you shoulders forward position........also having your head too far forward can cause overstreched back muscles ....causing pain in the morning....but again its only a guess.  Good LUck!

I agree, why has no one answered. I get this in between shoulder blades only in the morning when i wake up, it eases once up but really hurts. Had about a week, never had back pain in my life, ive tried less/more pillows, and thought was my bed, but had bed for 3 years now.

I've had the same problem in the morning or evening, a few times a week for the last 2 months. So bad I had to go to ER last week. Waiting for answers, could be gallbladder,or spinal problems. If you have this go to the doctor & get check out right away!

I thought I would get some tips or answer here but no luck and my shoulder blades pain is too much too.

Solution for me.... I was training for a Marathon and saw a sports physio in his late 50s maybe early 60s about a knee problem. Very experiences. After helping with the knee issue he asked if I had if I was having pain betwewn my shoulders. My eyes lit up, for some reason it didnt cross my mind to ask because I was so focused on my knee. He said it was common for runners because of the constant swinging of the arms. He got me into a strange position where I leaned to side and he put his fist between my shoulders and managed to CRACK out one of the loudest cracks Ive ever heard. He said that it I should have some relief now and I certainly did. No problems for 1.5 years but its back again so Ill be paying him another visit very soon. Expain this story to an experienced physio/chiro and they shoukd be able to do the same. I hope this solves this problem for you. Niall, Dublin Ireland.

I have same problem and did you find out any reason / cure

I have same issue and please share your thoughts... thanks