whenever I get high stress or very angry like a few minutes ago with my 16 yr old granddaughter I get these horriable pains in my back between my shoulder blades they dont last long but they are so painfull has anyone else had these Iam 58yrs old thanks

I also get a very sharp pain between my shoulder blades every once in awhile. Tonight I had a few of them spread out over a few hours and I was extra stressed/upset today so maybe it is only due to stress. It hurts really bad in a very small spot when it happens though and worries me. I am 26 years old.

Hello there audri,

It is possible that you are suffering from anxiety which is caused by stress. My best friend has discovered similar thing last month and he is under the therapy at the moment. It all started when he and his wife couldn’t have children and they are both healthy and after they have done all the tests the doctor has informed them there is no obstacle.

But after few months nothing happened and he started to worry about this way too much. He was often complained about pain between his shoulder blades and numbness in his left arm. After few months he was diagnosed with anxiety attack. I hope that this was helpful and that you will resolve your problem.