My sister Is 29 years old and in great shape. She has done a few triathlon's. Plays volleyball and loves to run. She gets irregular, upper back pain between shoulder blades that leads to vomiting. Stretching does not help is only after she vomit's her back pain is gone. This seems to occurring more often lately and is getting worse in pain. What would be the cause of this or be done. Doctors can not find anything wrong with her.

Oh my gosh! This is happening to me, and the drs. can't find anything wrong. What did she find out? Please help me.

Same Thing started with me tonight. I don't know what to do, I'm going to the E.R. momentarily. I'm a 27 year old male though. Also, my back pain is not completely gone. I think it may be the flu.

I also have had this sharp back pain inbetween my shoulders, it is only when I vomit that the pain goes. & all is well again. It does happen mainly in the night whilst in bed. This has happened now on 2 occassions, in the past 2 months.Would love to know what is causing this.

I had this happen to me also. I ended up having galstones and once they removed my galbladder i stopped having the pain. It could also be a hiatal hernia.

i have this awful feeling like im going to puke my upper back near my shoulder blades is hurtung badly ? whats wrong!

Gall stones. Is your puke yellow, green, or grey? Is it thick? You Doc should be able to recognise this right away..

I had these same symptoms 5 yrs ago and after the removed my gallbladder the attacks continued! I later was diagnosed with exercise induced acid reflux. Once I got on medication for this (prescription strength pepsid) I was fine, until recently. The pain between my shoulder blades gets so intense that i vomit. The medication that uses to work no longer works, so I am back to the doctors trying to clarify the diagnosis.

Probably your gallbadder.

Symptoms of gallbladder attacks can be just as persistant even when one has had it removed.  ***this post is edited by
moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***