I've never had these before and for the past five or so months I usually get about one or two a month, never more than one at a time. They are so painful that I have to sit on one side of my butt when I have them, in weird positions. THey leave dark ugly scars and the whole thing is just blahhhh...

I've been to the dermatologist who prescribed Clindamycin for me which has helped with the pain aspect, however I am still experiencing them! I went back and derm prescribed Differin for me which I have yet to try out. BTW derm said that it was inflamed hair follicles.

Ultimately I want to know if anyone else out there has randomly gotten these too?
What, if anything, helped them go away?

I'm really confused because I don't have acne anywhere on my face or body; just these persistent painful gross butt pimples. And they seemed to arise out of nowhere!

Does anyone out there think antibiotics would work? I try to refrain from using antibiotics but totally would in this situation. I'm sick of this! (I plan to ask the derm the next time I can about the antibiotics)

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!!!

ESPECIALLY FROM THOSE WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED THIS OR SOMETHING SIMILAR :D

I have the same problem with the butt zits what I have found out to work is regular over the counter acney wash for your face just use it in the shower suprisingly it does workm