This post is an extension of the

Painful pimples on my toddlers butt and legs? thread.

Please continue posting within this thread.

are you sure its not boils

I'm having the same issue with my 2 1/2 year old daughter. I've had some luck with a mixture of destin, Maalox, and ground oatmeal [I used our coffee grinder, grind till powder like]. I could never get the first two ingredients to mix which is the recipe I was first told, then after searching online I found that some added the oatmeal and it mixed easily after that. It got better almost overnight then better over time but its back again. We're going to try the oatmeal mixture.

I am having the same problem with my 3 year old daughter. They first appeared on her buttocks around the same time she started wearing pull-ups and I thought they might be spider or flea (not really flea season though) bites. I took her to the doctor and the doctor said that it looked like a bacterial infection and prescribed antibiotics and cultured it (the culture ended up coming back negative for bacteria). The bumps mostly went away (still some red dot like scars were left) but soon returned within a few weeks... she went about the last month with a couple of spots that didn't itch as bad as the original bunch so after calling the dr back they recommended I watch and see if any more showed up. This past weekend she broke out with about 10 new spots on her butt, groin & leg and I am planning on trying to get her back in to the dr tomorrow. This thread is really alarming with the amount of people that have been dealing with this and no solution yet. I will make sure to post if we ever get this thing cleared for good.

Same problem here. My daughter is 2.5 and we've been potty training with underwear only, no pull ups, so i've pretty much ruled that out. She wears diapers at night, but it's the same brand she's been wearing for a while. I also thought it was fleas or spiders, so I completely tore her bedroom apart cleaning everything with no result. It started with just one or two "bites" and now over the past week has spread to both buttocks and has become more irritated looking. I've tried benadryl cream, neosporin, and tea tree oil cream with no result. My husband was diagnosed last year with foliculitus and his rash covers his thighs, back, upper arms and buttocks. When my daughter's rash first appeared, I thought it looked similar to his. He uses a prescription steroid cream along with antibiotics to control this. I am taking her to the Dr tomorrow to find out if she has the same thing.

My 2.5 year old has the same problem. She is potty trained and wearin cotton underwear all day with a diaper at night. They started as just one pimple on her buttock, I thought it was an insect bite (we have dogs and live in Texas) so I cleaned her room and her bedding. The one went away and a few days later more appeared. Now both buttocks have the pimples along with what looks like a regular rash. I have tried diaper cream, Aquaphor, neosporin, tea tree oil cream, and benadryl. Her father has foliculitis so I am concerned that she has inherited it from him or it somehow is contagious. I will take her to the Dr tomorrow to see what they have to say about it. I noticed tonight after her bath that there was one or two pimples on her face now, so it seems to be spreading.

My son just has a few on his butt, he will be 2 in june. We are still in diapers. I just noticed them tonight! I put tea tree oil on them. He has been unusually fussy for past couple days?? I hope things do not get as bad as you all are sayin!! And I hope you guys can help your little ones!! :'(

My daughter has this same problem (on her bum only). Its not related to diapers at all for us as she is 5 and hasn't worn any in 3 1/2 years.

I'm baffled about it... I know antibiotics won't do a thing as she has been on them a long time (for her ears) but its the same antibiotic anyhow.

I am going to try the antifungal and anti years creams in turn and see what happens. I'm sure its not yeast though, doesn't have that sort of look about it.

punk_rocker539 wrote:

are you sure its not boils

My daughter had the same thing. It didn't start until right after her second birthday. It ended up being MRSA she has had two staph boils lanced at the ER and she still gets the boils, the doctor said that anytime one popped up, we had to pop it before it got huge because they would go from the size of a small pebble to the size of a golfball in just hours. They ended up having to give her the strongest antibiotic on the market, but, it worked. It was pretty crazy, she still has red dots, but, they are not the pimple like white dots anymore. Hopefully it stays gone.

My daughter has the same thing its called keratosis pilaris. It is a genetic disorder. There is nothing you can really do for it but some special creams and alot of attention. I apply the lotions and what not 4 times a day. The doc said she may grow out of it, but it not for certain. I hope this helps. It is very painful for them so use caution when messing with the bumps.

My son has the same problem as many of you have said. They look like little pimples. Funny because he is potty trained (2.5), but we went to Disneyland the day before yesterday, and I put a pull-up on him. I don't know if that is related, but today he has the bumps. I am not sure what brand pull-ups they were, but they were different than what I used to use when I potty trained. Seems weird we all have such a similar problem.

Here is what my doctor says my little 2 year old has...and she has had them for 4 months now! I have been to three doctors who have said everything from yeast etc. etc. I just read up on the last diagnosis and I think this is it.....MOLLUSCUM CONTAGROSUM.
Hope this helps!
Andrea

This is CRAZY! Sometimes you think your the only one out there with this problem but here we are... My daughter is 2 1/2 and ever since she started with pull-ups the rash/pimples have appeared. Same situation.. started with a few on one side of her buttock, then a week later more appeared. Now it's on both sides and they've turned into pimple/white-heads (and this is when she's now wearing pull-ups more during the day) After reading all the above issues, I have to believe its the pull-ups and nothing more. My daughter wears undies all day and pull-ups at night. Maybe since the pull-ups don't work like a diaper does, its causing the urine to cause breakouts since a pull-up is not made to absorb like a diaper. Also, you may notice that a pull-up doesn't give enough room like a diaper does so the cloth is rubbing up against their bottoms which will cause a rash. Depending on what they ate that day, and maybe that's why its worse sometimes, when the smell of the urine is stronger and the pull-up doesn't absorb, it will cause the bacteria to spread faster. I read that somebody tried the Nystatin. I did get a prescription for Nystatin when she was on medication that caused a yeast infection. I have not tried it for the rash until tonight, but it was effective every time we've used it in the past on rashes. I will keep you posted.

I had this same problem with my 2 year old, my doctor told me its folliculitis. It's an infection of the hair follicles. She is on meds and a cream.***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***
 Just thought i would leave a reply and possibly help another mom out.