Hi! I get this painful rash after shaving. I always use a fresh razor and shaving creams but no help – those red bumps simply swell up and look like a pimple. It looks realy ugly on my legs, especially bikini area. I even went to a doctor, she prescribed me some cream to use for a few days. I saw some improvements, but I still get this rash. Could it be some sort of infection?

Hi, also had the painful rash every time after shaving, razor burns and white headed spots. But it was an infection, my doctor said so. Electric razor has helped me. Sort of. But, what I`ve found out is there are two types of shaving rash. One is a result of inflammation of the hair follicles (caused by infection in the follicles) and ingrowing hairs are the cause of the other type. Use electric razor, it will reduce the chance of ingrowing hairs. Shaving with the grain will also help. Antiseptic washes twice a day.