Hi- For the past month I have had this painful and itchy rash of small pimples around my nose and chin.At first I thought it was regular acne but now I am not sure. They look like tiny pimples with a small whitehead but they are very hard to pop,and if they do pop a clear fluid with a small amount of blood comes out,and then it seems to spread(I have stopped trying to pop them). Usually I dont get many pimples and if I do, they go away in a few days. These will start to go away and then comeright back. And now I am noticing that I am getting itchy,painful pimples on the top of my head. Not clustered together but very painful and I cant seem to stop touching them. Something is telling me that they are related to the rash or pimples on my face. Any idea of what this can be and how to get rid of it. I would run to my doctor and find out but I just lost my job and my insurance so I want to make sure that I really need to see someone first. Thanks from a very frustrated itchy and painful friend.

I have the same symptoms it has been going on now for about 5 years or so. If you find out any info on these painfully little bumps please let me know so I can try and get rid off these dam things!!! Thanks samimnot

Try using selsun blue to wash your head and face. It worked for me.

wash your face with some type of dandruff shampoo and let it sit on there a minute or 2. make sure it contains zinc oxide its the secret ingredient

i have the same cluster of small pimples near my nose and mine are definitely because of dry skin. they recently got worse this winter, and so i began to treat them with different moisturizing and healing lotions. the ones that worked best for me were plain old vaseline and a cream called L'Avenir Healfast Repair. these two products made the majority of the pimples go away and made the others less visible, but the redness in the area hasn't gone down yet. i plan on treating it with some redness reducing scrub or moisturizer.

I have the same thing . They are on my hair scalp but behind my ears area only. They are very itchy and when I touch them is painful. I never had this before. I experienced a lot of hair loss last year. Teh doctor told me to use Selsum blue but it didnt help. I get this bumps now. I have to wash my hair every other day. If i dont it feels ITCHY and drives me crazy. =(
I was doing some search over the internet and I found this posting interesting. Hope It works. Im gonna try it also :'( :

I am not sure what you may have, but I had a scratchy scalp and sores,
tender spots on my head that when looked at appeared as a red area
around a raised yellow looking pimple at the center of the sore. When
broken they would mildly bleed. What I had was called foliculitis; an
infection of the hair follicule. This infection typically appears on
the scalp, thighs and buttocks. Anyway, three different doctors had me
on anti-biotics and none of them helped; then, while staying at a
Resort and discovering I had no shampoo with me, I decided to just
wash my hair with the soap in the room. It was Dial Antibacterial
Soap; Not plain Dial soap but the bar that states it is Antibacterial.
I used it and my head felt better immediately and after using it for a
couple of weeks I lost all my sores and all the itchyness. I hope this
works for you. By the way. While I was using the soap, I did not
follow it up with a conditioner. I am not sure if adding a conditioner
would interfer with the Antibacterial action I was getting from just
using the soap. If it works for you, please share this information
with others as I spent hundreds of dollars with Doctors and drugs
with no success. and I would not want others to do the same. Good luck
to you. George

I get sore spots/pimples when I use the same shampoo too often there is something in some shampoo that I am allergic to. If this is the case try washing your hair with plain liquid ivory, like you would use in the kitchen sink. I am sure that prolonged use will dry out your hair and scalp but I have very sensitive skin and if I use ivory when i feel the start of a breakout it clears it right up. Ivory works great as a clarifying shampoo it removes all the buildup and is safe for sesitive skin I am allergic to Neutrogena, herbal essance, and even some dermotoligist prescribed products.

Recently though I have had this painful knot/pimple thing in my hair line behind my ear. It is kind of like a blister its all white just normal looking scalp but SORE and the area around it is red. I went to the doctor though cause it was just not getting better and it is staph infection. use antibacterial soaps and place a hot washcloth on the spots several times a day if you can and dry your hair and the spots should start to clear up. You may need antibiotics though.

Hi my 12 year old son had the same thing it started on his forhead then his nose, neck,& hair. I took him to his doctor and he said i will treat him for lice and scabies. What a slap in the face I cleaned and spent alot of money on that stuff not to mention it is poison. He also gave him steriods and said it would be clear in 36 hrs. Guess what it got worse.
I knew he didn't have that the whole family would have had it. So i took him to a skin doctor first look he said has he been on steriods?
They had made the acne worse some reaction. He did a biopsy just to be sure it is acne( it look just like you discribed). He washed his face and neck three times a day with this neutrogena acne lotion it was pricribed but your local stores carry alot of different brands i am sure you will find one to work or the proactive is great i know it works. He used these lotions for about two weeks and its gone. That stuff will dry your skin out pretty bad but it will get better.GOOD LUCK

I have yet had the same rash this will help it clear very fast.
Wash your face with a non comogenic ( means Does NOT 100% no cloging pores witch you should look for on skin products witch will completely help redness and agervation) Gentle soap free cleanser.
Then get a face cloth and get it with luke warm water and soak your face for 4-5 min. and repeat getting wet and reinsining. That will help clear your pores of bactira.
Then but on some mostirising face cream NEVER LOTION IT WILL CLOG.
then let it soak in 5 min. before next step then i would add something with a like benziol proxcide.

by the way I am only 14 but i have had the same simption for 3 years and this will totally help.

I have been to so many demitoligist that i have taking other remodies and combined my own witch have help bring it to a clear face. :D

My friend just told me that she tried her baby's diaper rash cream (Desitin) which main ingredient is Zinc Oxide, and that it worked great, and most importantly fast. I just bought some myself to try. I read on another site that Tea Tree Oil works, you can get this in a shampoo and conditioner at some salons (Fantastic Sams, for sure). BTW: The Tea Tree Oil also works for dandruff. Hope this information helps.

if you have recently changed shampoos, dyed your hair with an OTC hair dye, or have been extremely stressed the symptoms you have will appear. washing your hair with harsh shampoos will dry out your hair, cause an over production of yeast on the scalp and cause extreme itching, pimples, boils, can make your hair seem more oily and greasy, hair loss, and dandruff. Check for chemicals like silicon, sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), Diethanolamine aka DEA which is a known substance to cause cancer in humans, and also Selenium Sulfide (found in most dandruff shampoos) can cause irritation too (so if your dandruff shampoo is not working, this could be why). dyes that contain chemicals like Phenylenediamine (PPD or PD), Hydrogen Peroxide, and Ammonia can cause irritation to the scalp, pain, hair loss, scarring, dermatitis (yeast infection of the scalp), and premature graying. try using more hair friendly dyes when dying your hair, check labels for henna and chamomile which are natural and safe on the hair and also provide brilliant long lasting colors and are harmless and moisturizing when dying your hair. Chamomile soothes the scalp and calms any pain you may have at the follicle of your hair. if you don't feel like spending massive amounts of money on lots of natural care products for your hair you can make your own. look up remedies for hair care and dandruff care online oatmeal and chamomile works great together, apple cider vinegar or lemon juice, bay laurel leaf, and other great things can be used to make a quick and soothing remedy right in the comfort of your own home. but all and all its probably just from a harsh shampoo or dandruff shampoo and can easily be cured. also for facial acne oatmeal masks are great, toothpaste even works, lemon juice will work, but try to stay away from facial cleansers that contain benzoyl peroxide, it's very harsh on your skin and can cause you to itch even more, cause a more severe break out, and also cause extreme dryness and redness.

I used anit fungal tinture called FNG-X
Oh my goodness- in three days the 2 yr nighmare was ending. I didnt know if it was bacterial or fungus or virus so I used all three together I used an orderless garlic tablets from NOW brand. & also added good flora Probiotcs has acidophiles, kyodophilis etc..

FNG X from Arizona company - you can buy on line or herbal store
Optima or strong pro biotic to put good bacteria in body to fight the bad
Oderless garlic tabs that are ENTERIC coated- so it releases in the intestines...

It made all the difference in the world :-P

you may also have shingles. I had a rash with pimples that were soo painful to pop and hard skin or waiter would come out.It felt like glass was under my skin.I got diagnosed poorly with another type of skin bacteria , i have had it for a year and they finally discovered it as shingleS

well i wud suggest u to use MARGO SOAP.....and use TOna shampoo...cos u may havve dandruff.......even if u dun have dandruff use margo its the best for all skin problems :O

Ask a doctor about shingles????