i have these large painful pimped on my knees and my legs, i have started to get them since i have been working at this new job. i wear hot polyester pants in the sun all day, how can i prevent these from happining?

I also experience the same symptoms as Drew. Periodically, I will get large pimples on my legs and knees that cause inflamation and great discomfort. They usually last about 3-7 days before I pop and disinfect it. Most of the time when the close encounter with the said pimple happens, it leaves a hole in my skin and a scar after it heals. Does anyone have any information on what might be causing this?

THanks

I run xc and track and during spring and summer I get bumps like that alllllllllll over my thighs and so forth. I don't know what it is. My mom says its probably heat rash ...but I dunno. they like like a pimp at first..but then if I try to pop it it sorta swells up a little and then will start to hurt and at first I would just have one or two or three ..but now I have a bunch of little ones all over my legs.. and its really pissing me off because I don't know what to do and all of the track guys my nasty comments about it.. and I really want to figure out how to make them vanish for good.

i had the same thing you had xc dude... i get them every year once it starts getting warm outside. I went to see my doctor who also had no idea what they were but they prescribed Cephalexin, which is a topical antibacterial medicine that treats skin infections. they had me take it for 2 weeks straight and after a couple of days the pimps were gone but if i stopped the medicine too early, theyd come back. i did a whole two week treatment with the pills and the pimples went away. that was last summer. the pimples are back to haunt me again this year tho so idk but the medicine works for the time being. ask your doc about it.

I have the same issue but mine is cased by body psoyriasis, whuch cause my skin cells to produce more quickly then mormal. ive found that regular trips to the beach or the salt water pulls has helped clear my skin up. just remeber not to get out in the sun for to long because sunburn can case it to get worse.

er i cant work out how to edit posts.. i spelt Pools wrong.. how odd..

I have the same thing...it is on my knees and thighs- I hate it. I've noticed that when I wear tight or non breathable clothes, it gets worse. Kind of like when you rest your hands on your face it breaks out with acne

Its just ingrown hairs in you knees, Basicly the hairs get stuck under your skin and fill up with puss. Your knees are usualy tought skinned which makes it pretty painful.

i never had this problem when i was in xc but now in the navy its becoming prominent. one thing im seeing a lot of is cross country runners. could it have something to do with the material our uniforms were?

I used to get these leg zits filled with puss as well. Pretty sure they are ingrown hairs. Some people are just more likely to get them. Anyway, I figured out after having a painful summer of these inflamed zit breakouts that it was because I was wearing polyester yoga pants working in a restaurant kitchen, which did not let me skin breath at all. So I resolved to wear only cotton (95 or 100percent) pants/leggings/tights and have not had a problem since.

I am also dealing with this situation now, I've been told dermatitis and ive tried everything and nothing seems to work I shower everyday and I get pimple on my sides, lower back, thighs, butt area and now I'm experiencing them on my knees? Like wtf?

It's probably tighter fitting clothes causing ingrown hairs

I play volleyball, my thighs aren't covered by clothing most of the time but I still get lots on my thighs!

Check with your doctor for mursa

Mursa would make you very sick very quickly. A friend of mine got mursa popping a pimple on his face and almost died that night. It swelled to a golf ball size in less than 12 hours. So I doubt it's that.

I too get these leg zit things. I never ran but did play football. I personally think this is a combination of poor diet and the type of clothes you wear. I noticed I get more break outs if I eat junk/fast foods or avocado.