Hello

I've had pimples and acne ever since I was 14. In my teen years, they got horrendously bad, sometimes covering my entire face with white-heads.

When I got into my college years, they reduced a bit. But a new problem occured. The pimples matured into a larger, uglier boyles that will sometimes linger for weeks. They turn black and blue, and sometimes are just painful. I can feel them throbbing.

After college, the boyles sort of receeded. I don't get them as much as before, but at time during the week I have at least one brand new boyle, and one that's dying from the week before. I constantly have something unsighlty on my face.

But now it's changing to an uglier form. I am now getting boyles, not just on my face, but on my neck and the back of my neck where the hair line is. It's very, very nasty looking back there. It causes the hair folicules to fall out, leaving large, crop-circle-like bald spots on the back of neck/hair line. In addition, I seem to get boyles around my lips (which occassionaly makes my lip swell up!) and cheeks a lot. I noticed it must be related to shaving, as I get them in the places where I shave.

To make matters worse, I have a recurrent cyst, about the diameter of a quater and the size of a gumball that occuassionally surfaces (above my right eyebrow). It'll surface for a month, and then recede and disappear almost completely, only to resurface in the same spot, the same size, a year or two later (the first time it surfaces was in April 2002, then again just in April 2004).

Of course, I've seen several dematologist. A lot of have prescribed tricycline, and benzoyl peroxide, which had no effect.

I have begun taking vitamin E pills, as I have heard it helps.

My barber told me that the things on the back of my neck/hair line could be caused by an unhealthy liver, provocated by too much coffee, cafeine, soda, and beer. So I quit all of that (except coffee, 1 or 2 cups a day). Also, the liver is what produces the stress "toxins." I believe she is correct. As when I am stressed, I tend to get those back-of-the-neck-boyls, and when I'm not they die down.

Anyway, any advice or helpful tips or ideas that you have to help me with this recurring problem will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you for reading about my problem.

Hi there! I can’t really say that I know what you are going through but I can imagine bc I know how these severe boyles and pimples look like. I used to know a guy who had them…all the way from primary through secondary school and I don’t know if he managed to get rid of them. I have greasy skin and quite lot of zits but they are not as severe and rarely become hard and white. But they did bother me and I used to go to the cosmetics for treatment. She would let the steam moisture my skin, so that the skin would become softer and then she would squeeze them all the way until the head of the zit would be out. Then she would perform some after squeezing treatment like massage and put some masks and creams. The treatment was painful ( for me, but it is not sooo ), and my face a bit swollen and red for the next 2 days but after a couple of treatments my skin started to be less greasy and less zitty ( is I may say so). The thing with these treatments is that they have to be performed regularly, and with your type of skin, you may have to go on a special diet or something ( I don’t know, this is just a guess ) and I still don’t know if this could help you but you can always give it a shot! Good luck!

Good day iloveseattle,

Your barber is on the right track in that you more than likey have liver congestion. But you will need to address other issues first, namely diet and bowel function. The root cause of acne is toxins in the blood and out of balance hormones. Your blood becomes filthy as a result of the foods you eat. I could go on and on about this but I will simply direct you to some links. The first thing I would recommend is the e-book "Your last acne solution" this will tell you everything you need to know about acne and how to cure it. I would also recommend the book "Cleanse and Purify thyself" this will tell you more about proper diet and internal cleansing. You need to get your blood as clean and as pure as possible. The foods you eat and the condition of your bowels have everything to do with how clean your blood is. Yes it is going to take a lot of work, but this is about your health and right now you are in a diseased state. Also be aware that there is no pill or lotion that will cure acne so a trip to the dermatologist is a waste of time and money.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web adresses not allowed **

I can tell you that Proactive Solution has done wonders for 4 people I know. My niece had very very bad acne and with daily use twice a day it has worked. You should cut out caffenine and chocolate ect those things as well as greasey food add insult to injury. Anyways, proactive is a three step easy process...the worst thing you can do is pop pimples or boils don't do it!

I used to have really bad acne right from my teenage years . It was pretty embarassing to go to college with my acne patched face and I was desperate to get rid of it somehow. I took plenty of efforts to keep my face clean all the time and also ate nutritious food and drank lots of water. None of it helped though. I then recently read an article about a lady who got rid of her acne completely using a particular acne product. I tried it and it worked really well. Within 4 weeks my acne was gone completely. Really good stuff. Just thought I would share this with everyone. You can read more about the lady’s article at the link below.

acnevanish.wordpress.com/

Hey I am pleased that I am not the only one going through this problem and I was not sure what was happing but what you said makes alot of sense due to the fact that I am stressed but hide it well, drink lots of coffee and beer and have a bad diet, which sucks, now I have never really had a problem with zits maybe a few from time to time on the face or back but the showed up on my ass and legs, and bad big ones too that just hurt sometimes and than burst with tones of white pink stuff, really gross, and now I can't moon any one because it looks like a rash, but thats not the problem its with short hair i too am getting the patches, i say they are from old sraces, but its really not. my barbre says its the shampoo we use but I know thats not it so hope all goes well and hope some more of us talk about this stuff only beacuse when it stared happing I did not know who to go to and didn't now about any one else having such problem. Now if anyone has a good idea on how to pop them with out leaving sraces please offer your opion, thanks to all who read this.

I definitely have the same problem described here. Boils.. And NOTHING works.
I am 23 years old, recently changed my diet, used to eat sugars and fatty foods all the time.. Obsessed with all dairy products, and recently heard they are bad for acne? Geez.
I feel humiliated whenever I go out, in fact choose not to go out, due to my acne. I feel like it's ruling my life, destroying any confidence I might find in myself to go after my dreams, (sorry to sound cheesy..).
It's just really, really getting to me, after all these years, to still not be able to have just NORMAL skin. :-(

............................

this mite help you out, i had horrible acne like u described and no matter what i did nothing helped, i tried everything everyone here has listed and nothing helped. back when i was 20 i went to the dermatologist and he said i had cystic acne which that's what it sounds like u got. the doctor told me there is nothing you can put on your face that will help all topical products wont do a damn thing, you need to take medication to help solve ur problem and tetrocyclin wont do the trick for the acne u have will for many people who have regular acne but i took acutane which is very horrible for ur liver but what it does is shrinks ur oil glads and dries face up, ur acne will get worse because it pushes it out but will get better in time this is the only thing that helped me i took the meds for 5 months all depends on how bad it is. and once ur off the accutane cycle some topical acne products will begin to work unlike before. now im 22 and still have some acne but not close to wat it use to be like. i would try and see if u could get on accutane there is a generic for it which i used and still is extremely expensive not even sure if they still prescribe this because of side effects and dangers but would look into. hope that helps you out. p.s. that chocolate myth is a myth does not cause acne along with a bunch of others foods and sugars do not cause acne

i used to have bad acne in various area..a dermatologist prescribed a cream called desowin that worked wonders..it worked by drying up the pimples and eventually they dissapeared.. ask your doctor about it

If you're in Seattle try Dr. Cooperider at Kirkland Laser Clinic. He can get you on the newest meds for cystic acne, then laser your current cysts for much faster healing. He did wonders for a woman I work with who had horrible skin.

I have the exact same issue as you do. Everything you pretty much describe I have. The only thing I've tried that has really worked is antibiotics. This makes it go away for months but after I stop taking them inevitably it comes back, especially after bad food, soda, alcohol, etc.

had the same problem,used a clen needle to poke to and it brought it out,might have to do it a couple of times,seem it it kept coming back

Hello :) ...my son has these same "pimple/boyles" They are called Carbuncle, and need to addressed by a Dr. There are great medications that are used to treat these painful problems. You need to be extremely careful in opening these puss filled lumps. As with all pimps they ucky inside of these carry staph and strep.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Hey I had the same problem in highschool. I used to take pins and stick them into the boils to pop them. They are nothing more then BIG pimples. Go to a dermatologist, and ask about accutane. Your acne is severe enough that this will be a logical prescription by your dermatologist. I had acne like this for 7 years and was on 4 different pills to get rid of it during those seven years. Accutane is expensive but it is well worth it. Not only does accutane cure acne, but it has the positive long term effect of making it never come back in most patients. Some will see a mild return. I would say to do it, it cured me. Also there are other alternative cheaper but not as strong measures such as tetracycline. There are many medications out there. Topicals are useless, they were for me and I woudln't waste money on them until you have cycled through accutane or another medication. After using these meds topical creams are more effective because acne is not as severe anymore. Good luck.

Talk to a food alergist, I went to a holistic doctor and told me what foods were causing me to break out I've cut out or have limited how much I eat.. Also drink a ton of water. I've had to give up some tasty food, but I have more energy and my skin looks great!! I'm telling you, find out what foods your allergic to, it will be healthy, cheap and radicly change your skin!!