I was changing my two year old and I notice small pimples on his butt. It did not look like diaper rash but I treated it like diaper rash. Now I notice that the pimples are on the back of his thighs and a couple on his knee caps. When I touch them he crys. He does not have a fever. Any clues on what these painful bumps are???? :cry:

MOBOOMCDANIEL wrote:

I have the same problem with my 3 years old and I do not know what it is. we went to the doctore but she could not say anything what it could be.

when it comes to the health of tour child i don't know is not acceptable,ask to be referred to a dermatologist

there are a few things this could be. my son also suffered this strange rash of pimples on his bottom and his doctor said it could either be a yeast infection due to change of weather and moisture from the diaper, causing wierd changes in his skin and causing a "normal" diaper rash to become infected with a yeast infection, or a staph infection, which was highly unlikely. i treated it with anti-fungal cream (lotrimine), but it can also be treated with over the counter women's yeast infections creams such as monistat (Wierd as that sounds)... it worked! But remember to always treat the rash like a normal diaper rash first...heavy creams like Desitin to soothe and protect the area until another cure is necessary. but always take your child to the doctor if they develop a fever from the rash or it spreads across the entire buttocks or to other areas of the body like legs or tummy because a staph infection could potentially be very dangerous to your child's health as it could get in the bloodstream and become a blood infection.

MOBOOMCDANIEL wrote:

my 4 year old nephew gets pains in his oot and legs and wakes up during the night cryin any help on what it is

I too have noticed painful to the touch pimples appearing on my 2 yo toddler bums and now his knees. What is it??

I have a similar problem with my 3 year old. She has tiny blisters on the back of her leg and inner thigh area. Any ideas what this could be?

This is a very irritating subjuct for me for one reason....Ive been to my sons doctor more than 5 times for these little pimple like blisters and she does not have any idea what they are...first she prescribed antifungal cream. Next time she prescribed amoxicillin, and tried to tell me it was "strep butt". I am not joking people, thats exactly what she said. So we have been to the er and they dont know either.....more amoxicillin. this rash has been ongoing for about 4 months and not clearing up. Ive had a day or two it seemed like it would but more appeared. After they pop, they go away and more appear. They have little white heads. They cover his bum, thighs and now working down. there is a couple on his calves now. they really hurt him. Maybe if one of yall read this we can figure out what we are doing in common that is possibly causing it. I use Pull-ups and have been since he was 2. I also use BJ's brand wipies, scented. I buy them from BJ's wholesale club. Ive been using these wipies since he was born. He is not potty trained yet. Could it be that his body no longer wants a diaper? He is not allergic to anything but when i put a bandaid on a pimple i get a rash in the shape of a bandaid.... Today he IS running a fever. He will not walk on his right leg......he stands up and cries. One little whithead pimple on the back of his calf is reeeeeaaaallllllllyyyyy bothering him. He IS telling me that that is why he wont stand up. Im heading toward the er in an hour or so. Does anyone think its the pullups?

Kris,
I'm so thankful for your message. I really am beginning to think that it IS the pullups that causing this same pimple/blister/rash on my daughter's behind. She is 3 years old and potty trained, but still wears them at night because she does not seem to be able to make it the full 10-12 hours of sleep before having an accident.
I've been trying the cortisone cream and diaper rash ointments. I've not tried an antifungal yet. Nothing I've tried has helped much at all.....
Next step is to the pediatrician, but doesn't sound like that will come up with much of an answer according to all the other responses. I'll let you know if I get an answer!
Thanks!
Connie

My daughter has the same problem. Brought her in numerous times and they first said it was a yeast infection then they said it was a staph infection. Every time they treated it, as soon as it started to seem like it was about cleared up, it came back again. Finally I brought her to the dermatologist and they said it was just eczema. Although she does have eczema this could not be what is causing the bumps because after using the creams that the derm. prescribed and doing all the things that she said to do it didn't even partially clear up. Finally I brought my daughter in to her regular doctor again and said it was a staph infection.... again. He said that he was not convinced that the dermatologist was right in saying that the rash is from eczema. He prescribed 2 antibiotics for bacterial infection and fungal infection. the he gave us some sample packs of cream. I also would say that beings the butt is so sensitive it is best to use unscented products. These can easily cause irritation to the skin. The doctor told me that if this doesn't clear it up that we need to go back and figure out why they keep occurring. I am feeling quite hopeful this time because I feel like we are actually getting somewhere and I feel that the doctor is dedicated to figuring it out as well so time will tell I suppose.

My 2 year old is also having the same problem on her bum...she is also in pullups. I know just noticed one on her leg below the knee. This one she says hurts. I thought the rash was from the pullup...because she is small and the 2T-3T are still a little big on her. But know I have no clue.

my daughter and son got the same thing but she doesnt use pull ups and has been toilet trained for 12mths with no accidents im leaning towards a fungal infection i use antiseptic cream

I have been dealing with this with my 2 year old since last Sept. 07. The doctor told me the same thing, that it was from her sweating. She is not in pull ups. Now after having the flu and going for her 2 year old checkup I asked about this rash again. They originally looked like little water blisters, when he prescribed a cream (Desoximetasone) they seemed to be going away, now one in particular looks really bad. We are now waiting on a culture that the doctor did for a STAPH infection. I am losing my mind here. Now she is taking 8 ml every 6 hours of clindamycin, an oral med for a possible staph infection. Plus we have to use a cream on her leg as well. It started out looking like a pimple and now it's bigger than a half dollar. It's painful to her, she wants me to carry her all the time and if she does walk, she walks bow legged. Really push the fact with the doctor to do a culture of the area if it becomes red and inflamed and swollen. Also watch the fever, my daughter happened to have the flu at the same time this has been going on, but I also had it as well. To the comment above about your little boy not wanted to walk with that leg, have the doctors check it out immediately. You don't want it to go into your blood stream. I now understand that the staph bacteria is on all of us and usually is ok, sometimes an insect bite or scratch can be infected. I too thought the wipes or some type of soap or bubble bath that I used was the issue. Check if it becomes inflamed, red, swollen, fever! Hope this helps!! :-D