Hi, I am 6 years old, and i don't know if this is the right place to ask about this or not, but i'll ask anyways. For a long time now, whenever i eat food, it seems like the food gets stuck in my throat. Then i can barely breathe, and, before, i usually just waited for it to pass, which took a few minutes. I am unable to talk when it happens, and my mouth produces more saliva because i feel like i am going to throw up the food. I have, in the past 2 years, found that burping when it happens, though it may feel like i am just going to throw up when i do, relieves the pain and i can feel the food go down my esophagus. Also drinking. Although it hurts and the drink can barely pass by the food, it does relieve it almost immediately. Unfortunately, there are times when i do end up just throwing up and what i throw up is just the food that was "stuck" and mucus. I know this sounds gross, ((sorry!!)) but it has really been bothering me and i want to be sure that there is nothing seriously wrong with me, because i already eat slower and chew my food down to an appropriate amount to swallow. I have been doing research on it lately, but no one had all the same problems as me..... 

HELP??????????????????

I have the same EXACT problem... I hate it.. I have researched it too and I can't find anything. I never say anything about it to parents or anything, I too just let it pass. Its weird....

I have a very similar sounding issue. I am 22 years old, and ever since I was a small child I have struggled with it. It probably happens 3 to 5 times a week. Usually only lasting a couple minutes, sometimes ten to twenty minutes. Once it lasted for over an hour. Drinking liquids don't seem to help. I usually just sit and try to relax until it goes away. Other than relaxing the only thing that has helped is to sit up straight and turn my head down, with my chin against my chest. My mom thinks I just dont chew my food well enough, but I am one of the slowest eaters I know.

i am 20 years old, and i don't know if this is the right place to ask about this or not, but i'll ask anyways. For a long time now, whenever i eat food, it seems like the food gets stuck in my throat. Then i can barely breathe, and, before, i usually just waited for it to pass, which took a few minutes. I am unable to talk when it happens, and my mouth produces more saliva because i feel like i am going to throw up the food. I have, in the past 2 years, found that burping when it happens, though it may feel like i am just going to throw up when i do, relieves the pain and i can feel the food go down my esophagus. Also drinking. Although it hurts and the drink can barely pass by the food, it does relieve it almost immediately. Unfortunately, there are times when i do end up just throwing up and what i throw up is just the food that was "stuck" and mucus. I know this sounds gross, ((sorry!!)) but it has really been bothering me and i want to be sure that there is nothing seriously wrong with me, because i already eat slower and chew my food down to an appropriate amount to swallow. I have been doing research on it lately, but no one had all the same problems as me.....