Just looking for some advice on a problem I have been having lately. Recently everything I eat gets stuck in a certain point in my oesophagus. It feels like a blockage and it only goes after a few hours. The top of my stomach appears to be swollen alot of the time also. It is an unpleasant feeling and I have to keep drinking water and eventually after a few hours the problem is gone until I eat again. Just wondering if you can offer any advice on this problem.

Kind Regards,
Chocomush.

It sounds like you may be suffering from acid reflux. The blockages you may be feeling could be digesting food refluxing up into the esophagus and/or due to the fact that you don't chew your food well enough or eat too fast. If it takes you shorter than 30 minutes to finish your meal, seriously think about slowing it down. This often leads to acid reflux. Also, be sure that you take small bites and chew until the food is completely mush in your mouth.

If you do have acid reflux, I suggest you supplement with good quality digestive enzymes. Go to a health food store and ask someone what the best brand is. Get a supplement with a variety of different enzymes. You may also want to try apple cider vinegar and see if that also doesn't improve things. I suggest you get Bragg's brand apple cider vinegar. Be absolutely sure to take this raw (uncooked, unheated) and to take it with food or water so it doesn't burn your vocal cords and esophagus. You don't want it damaging the tissue. You can also take certain herbs that help with acid reflux. These include DGL licorice root (be sure to look for that specific type), slippery elm, and marshmallow root. These soothe the gastrointestinal lining, helping to repair it as well as creating a mucus lining that protects from damage. You can also take ginger to help with digestion and to calm the stomach. I also strongly suggest you buy the e-book "Reflux Gone Forever." Google it, go to the website, and buy a copy. It should really help you.