First I want to say that I have never had any problems with my testicles. I am 40 years old.
My wife and I have really frequent sex all this years and I have no complaints about that part of my life. But the other day, while I was having sex with my wife, during ejaculation I felt strong pain in my testicles.
That got me a little worried because I thought we had too frequent sex and that we reduce it slightly. So, I stopped thinking about it.
One day while I was in shower, I have noticed that I have this small lump just above my left, already swollen testicle. I asked my wife did she notice it earlier but she said she didn’t.
I’m afraid to do to the doctor, because I'm afraid what I might hear.
Please, tell me it isn’t some cancer.

I’ll try to help you, but you gave us very small amount of informations to operate with.
Something similar happened to me few years ago and, later, it was determined that I had no reason to worry.
I was diagnosed with one disease called acute epididymitis. That was bacterial inflammation of epididymitis, small tube above testicle that preserves sperm.
I used some antibiotics and everything went well.
So I really had no reasons to be worry.
Second possible cause, like you said, can be cancer.
The most common is seminoma testis. This cancer cause such lump above testicle, but usually it isn’t painful.
So you really can't find out what caused your lump just by looking in it. You must contact your doctor immediately and run some blood and physical tests to be sure. Good luck!