I had pilondial cyst at the place where it normally occurs. It had to be drained so my doctor did it. It was very painful and even very tender to touch. After draining is done, that area has become swollen and sore. Could it be infected? I did exactly what doctor told me to do after the drainage. Should I contact her again? She didn’t mention that swelling may occur.

I guess that it would be the best for you to call your doctor. Swelling may be the symptom of infected wound. She will probably give you an ointment to help it heal. When I had pilonidal cyst removed I was on high protein diet and was taking zinc supplements. Did you know that zinc is essential in wound healing and developing of new cells? I took 50mg daily and also vitamin C, A and E. Ask your doctor to recommend you speed healing cream. Your wound should not be swollen and sore, so check it as soon as possible.