I have been battling chronic pancreatitis and high liver functions for over 6 years. I have had two surgeries and two acute episodes with hospitalizations. I have been put on a HIGH CARB, HIGH PROTEIN, NO FAT diet for life. This has been the most effective diet for pancreatits. People get confused with high protein food that also has high fat content. NO PEANUT BUTTER, DAIRY, EGGS, ETC. With every medicine the doctor puts me on, especially antidepressents, it triggers pancreatic attacks. I maintain this diet and get bloodwork every month to check my levels continually. As the doctor told me, it is also better if I eat 5-6 small meals a day so I eat what I can put on a saucer and when the hunger goes away then I stop eating. I hope this is a good thing and also helps others out as well.

good luck

It is very good that you have shared your story with us. And I would like to thank you for that. Some that have similar or same problems go through this much easier if they knot that they are not alone and that someone out there has positive experience. I hope if you have more interesting stories like these that you will share it with all of us. All the best.

Ive lost almost 70 lbs since Jan this yr and would love to put some back on as muscle. Ive been diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis and was told to watch my diet. lol That was definately not enough good info. I eat a good low fat breakfast but have trouble eating the rest of the day. My kids say i look like a skeleton which really motivates me to try and gain some back. Is there any good proteins to take and how much can i have?

frankgw wrote:

charlietoogood wrote:

Hi, has anyone responded to you about how to gain weight. My partner has been diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis and has lost so much weight its just scaring the heck out of me, he eats healthy as he should, no fat, no sugar as he has diabetes type II also. Doctor has put him onto Nutricia Diasip to stop him from losing any more weight but he isn't able to gain anything.