Hi there,

I've recently been diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis and am suffering from chronic bloating too and lack of appetite.

Does anyone know how to relieve this? Im not taking pancreatin yet but am taking Dr Udo's digestive remedies.

thanks

Main thing you must do is to adjust your diet so that when you eat you manage to eat a nutritious meal that will be digestible. Digestive remedies are definitely necessary, but also you need to stick to doctors advices about smoking and especially drinking alcohol. Bloating and indigestion happen because you can’t completely digest food. Your pancreas can’t produce enzymes that are necessary for digestion of fat, for example. So, try and remove as much as fat as you can from your meal (like skinless chicken) and eat small, but more often and make. Some probiotic supplement would also help in easier digestion. And drink as much water as possible. Did they gave you any advices about diet when you were diagnosed?

I was diagnosed with Chronic Pancreatitis a few years ago and was in and out of Emergency for 3 1/2 years but was sick for a couple years before that, until I was given widespread antibiotics because of dangerously high white blood cell count. I was told, 'You have a raging infection somewhere', but they couldn't tell me where. I haven't had any of the symptoms since for a year and a half, until yesterday after forgetting myself and consuming a bag of walnuts and having an avocado the same day. (I've been stressed)! I read here somewhere that antibiotics are used sometimes in severe cases. Why are they effective? Does the Pancreas become infected? I'm still confused. Why did it stop flaring up after the antibiotics? BTW, While in the hospital I found that a Toradol injection eased my symptoms almost completely within about 30 minutes and didn't need any other pain meds. in case anyone wants fast pain relief with no heavy pain meds. Thank you.