This "low-carb" world is getting out of hand. Rather than even think about what I eat anymore, I'm just going to follow around designated relatives and cow-orkers who say they're following the low-carb road. Then whatever food they skip over and don't eat.. that's what I'll eat. No thinking involved, I'll let them make all the decisions and the rest of the menu is MiNe.

I'm on a high-carb diet by default. I really don't eat much meat and most of my daily fat comes from peanut butter.

I really seems to work well for me, I can put in tons of training hours and I'm not gaining any unnecessary weight. :thumbsup:

I just seem to be hearing everyone and their brother say they started eating "low-carb". My comeback to explain my diet is simply eating what they don't and getting off my butt!

Dateline is following these 6 middle-aged overweight types and putting them on different diets. Well, after a month the Atkins Diet has lost the MOST and the 'Extreme exercise ala RUNNING' hasn't lost that much...**gasp!!** Well, no c**p! Check in with these same people in like 6 months from now and then see what they weigh. I'm so SICK of 'shortcuts'. I'm so sick of these reports that put the obesity blame on other things...Ok, happy drugs kicking in....

:banana:
Shelfie and John, pass the happy drugs, I'm right with you, I have a herd of cow-workers who squawk everytime they see me with bread or pasta "Don't you know that stuff is poison???" and that c**p made from who knows what you're putting into a blender isn't??? :x

I'd go postal with my letter opener O death if I had cow-orkers like that. What's worse is that these 'reports' and 'true-life stories' get funneled down to these A-clowns and then they spew them out like they were facts.

If someone wants to be unhealthy or overweight, I'm fine with it...but when they cop that 'better than thou' c**p...well, that's when the gloves come off

Amen to ALL that, brothas and sistas!!!

Exactly. If you want to do whatever diet, FINE. But quit preaching your weird c**p to me. We have a whole dept here that lives on myoplex and celery alone and they look down their nose at you at anything that is unnatural. who knew myoplex grew on trees?

Don't get me started about the email forwards about nutrisweet, etc that these people are sending out. Leave me alone with my M&Ms and my diet coke

Anytime anyone does ANYTHING to the 'extreme', it freaks me out. Plain and simple. Even if it's *gasp!* running or exercising! No real progress is made unless it's done in moderation...

I live off of carbs - bagels, bread, about 4 bowls of cereal a day...i couldn't train the number of hours I do on a low carb diet. My body tells me what it needs. Usually. Unless I happen to be craving chocolate - then it's time to WATCH OUT!

muhahaha

I eat what I want, when I want, all day long...usually very healthy, and it hasn't seemed to adversly effect either my training or my weight.

What Shelf and JJ said!!! :flames:

Having struggled with an eating disorder through my teens and 20's, I've probably tried every fad diet out there and some. I personally have very high protein needs, when I tried the high carb way of eating when I first got back into running and wanted to lose some weight, I had a tough time getting up the energy to exercise without the protein. There is some validity to the science behind SOME of the nutritional stuff that's out there, but it is hard to wade through the fads and get to the real info--and the bottom line really is just what Flip says--listen to your own body. What may be right for me may be just the opposite of what your needs are. But neither of us is "wrong." There is no one cut-and-dried formula that works for everyone. Same with exercise. If you tell me you hate running, I won't necessarily understand that philosophy, but I certainly won't criticize you for it. If spinning class and kickboxing does it for you, then go for it!

But no matter what your "eating plan" may be, Shelfie's right on--the key is moderation AND adding the exercise component in along with the dietary modifications. I can tell when I'm overdoing it if I put on a few pounds or start feeling crappy from not working out and then I make the subtle changes to adjust. I'm not built like the typical runner (yet) but I am at the point where I can be comfortable where I'm at, which makes it easier to keep moving toward where I really want to be.

My name is Jon and I am a carb junkie!
Flip you are totally right I couldn't train if I didnt take in the carbs I do. Like PH though most of my protein is from peanut butter, and also chicken and protein shakes!
Carb-on everyone!!!
Jon

Hi. My name is Randy, and I'm a carboholic.

Hi My name is Terri and I'm a carbaholic...oops, just dropped some crumbs from my bagel on the keyboard.