I was wondering what happens to your body when you have panic attacks? I've been having them now for about two years and I'm tired of it. I really don't identifi with any major stressers just the usual. I do stay at home all day by my self and that makes me very lonely but that should be no reason for my panic attacks

On the contrary, panic attacks by their very nature are unpredictable. I used to experience short potent panic (15 minutes would by accurate), whilst general anxiety followed me around when they left.

I had an advantage in that I could predict that the possible psychogenic (forgive the Freudian term) form of blepharospasm was to blame. I could feel it hit highs and lows. At its worst, I felt my eyes would fall out of their orbit, but in reality there was no chance of this happening.

During my year out of university I have been a student of hypnosis/hypnotherapy, and techniques that are used in trance.

For a while I was on alprazolam, but soon dismissed it after controlling my panic symptoms which consisted of difficulty breathing, rapid heart beat, sweating and a feeling that I was DOOMED.

Death was inevitable he thinks.

This would usually occur when I was by myself BTW.

I am now working on incorporating "Lucid Dreaming" into my "hypnotherapy" (hypnosis is a de facto metaphor any how).

Whilst I am making good strides, I would urge you to read up on the basics of hypnotherapy. Whilst the new styles work for many, and some of the older "classics" may be considered out dated to an extent, it would be foolish in my mind to ignore men who gave their lives to study this some what obscure subject. Obscure in the sense of "What can it REALLY DO, and HOW FAR can I take it"???.

It has worked like a dream for me.

Long may it continue!

So much we do not know about our on beings. The more I think I know, the more I realise that I have much to learn.

Therapies like cognitive behavioural therapies which go hand in hand with light trance (light trance can be effective in my experience as well as deep “hypnosis”) can be helpful to the max.

I have found that whilst there is no shame in asking others for help, if you have the CAPACITY to make strides by yourself then this saves time.

I am sure that many therapists would agree.

After all, they simply act as guides. It is you who will achieve victory over this problem.

Good luck.

PS. No disrespect to therapists. A good one can be worth his or her weight in GOLD.