Could somebody tell me what is nlp hypnotherapy? Someone told me lately that owe its success to the nlp hypnotherapy. I was really surprised recently when I realized that my school girlfriend who than was so ordinary and shy without any willing to make any success in her life except to get married is now such a healthy and positive person that also has reached some other wishes too. I can't stop thinking now what nlp hypnotherapy is about for I have this idea to start with it for I seem to be losing my tracks.

Hi there! I am not surprised that a shy and retired person has changed her outlook so significantly I bet it is due to the nlp hypnotherapy. If you try nlp hyponotherapy I bet you will never regret it for I owe my success also to the nlp hypnotherapy. This term nlp-neuro linguistic programming is to describe in fact some therapeutic process combined with hypnotherapy which is the way of waking up your possibilities by using the proper breathing and posture and even special exercising as well as developing communication skills and positive life approach. Nlp hypnotherapy works on stimulating your mind by suggesting him to make changes in life.

NLP hypnotherapy is often shunned by the mainstream psychological community in the US, as it is not an APA recognized therapy. I understand it is growing more popular in Europe though. I have been reading and listening to lectures on the topic for about 8 years now and I definately can see some potential benefits. Be wary of the therapist though...

There are many people out there that claim to be NLP practicioners, that are knockoffs or sheisters. I would look for references for any person that practices NLP, because it is quite easy to get a 'license' for it if you want to practice NLP hypnotherapy and don't want to spend time or money
on formal education. Very few NLP practitioners are licensed therapists.

I think Rogerian therapy is more effective to help deal with stress and anxiety, and to open one up to a healthier lifestyle overall. It is practiced by a limited number of licensed therapists (who are frequently opposed to drugging patients as well), and can be far more personally motivating than NLP hypnosis (because you are conscious of your own choices). Just some food for thought...