hi everyone. can someone please tell me why do i get panic attacts only with people? I have depresion and panic attacts for a year and 1 month. my doctor gave me sretraline winthrop and i do not feel better... to scared to go to my friends and family scared of have a attact infront of them... dont wont to speak to peolple to affraid of a attack.
dont feel like a normal person anymore

i havent had a panic attack in a month now. but i know what you mean. you get overwhelmed whe nyour in the crowd, even if your not in the spot light. i sit there and think im gonna have a panic attack and throw myself into one. but like i said its been a month since my last severe anxiety attack. now i just go on day by day feeling that one is coming on but it dont, i guess you could say minor panic atttacks. at all times i feeell like i cant breathe that my lungs are gonna give out on me. my head spins and my ears are hot and ringing but nothing ever happens. i went out this weekend and almost had one at teh bar. but nothing happened, i got myself out of it. cause i didnt want to freak out in front of all those ppl. i just calmed myself down. by the end of the night i was bawling in my friends lap cause of everything ive been going through. telling everyone about the anxeity and me quitting smoking after seven years off and on. and that i dont feel normal. go see another doctor maybe they will put you on something better. and go to a therapist if you can. it really helps to sit there and talk about your problems that you cant tell to anyone else ya know. if ya cant do that find someone on here you can talk to. ive heard about soe tea form thing that is suppose to help with anxiety. i havent tried it myself but you could and let me know if it actually works

thanx for youre reply... the problem is that i dont have medical aid and to go to some one profesional cost over R600.
but i know i have to go. my husband really support me on my panic attacks... we do resurch on the internet but i dont know i feel so helpless... everytime my motherinlaw and daughter inlaw comes to visit or family inlaw i have a panic attack right away and cant stop it...
didnt have a great childhood and i have trouble to trust peolple... dont trust anyone not even my husband...
yes some one told me about greentea that what the chinese people use for depresion...
maybe i will get me some of that tea but they say it taste not lekke...

i dont trust ppl either. not even my husaband! its tough. what do you think about when they come over? whats in your head that brings on the panic attck. your thoughts cause alot of it. i just bring myself down constanly! i had a pretty rough child hood myself, been talking to a therapist about it. well was..... moved and cant find one now. being molested my whole life has made me hate myself for something i didnt do! but i guess its the fact i never did anything to stop it either and i blame myself! everytime i think about it like right now i feel horrible like im back there, and i start feeling it come back on. and im panicking. just try to think hapy thoughts ya know. at first when i heard that i was like whatever how do i make myself think happy when i know im not. but ive doing it and its helped. look online like google the TEA form its this thing that you do and write down what brings out all these fears and anxiety and you work on them i dont know if it works....

i know about not having the money to do it. but there are lots of support groups and talking to complete strangers helps ya know. its been helping me jsut getting on here and posting whatever i want. trying to help other ppl and listen to what they say. me and my mother in law dont get along so i get that panic feeling everytime we have to go see her. overwhelmed dont wanna be there. im not a doc adn im trying to get through all this myself... im just telling you what ive been doin to help myself. which isnt alot cause im not there yet!just try and think about what brings all this on. look on this website called its helping me too. i got it off here. let me know how your doing and if anything i said has helped. its easier to give ppl advice then to actually do it for yourself ive learned but im trying to take my own advice and learn to do all this for myself too.

anxiety sucks really bad. and coming from one who has numbed it out from smoking the last seven years and stopped im having to deal with it head on now. its realy hard. but there is something that is causeing it. passt of present.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

you sound like a very nise person. thanx again yes panic sucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont have much confidence i always think that im not pretty enough for my husband... i had a relastionship before i got married for 7 years and i must tell you he whas a really womanizer... coudnt leave a any woman alone doesnt matter how she looks... so i left him after 7 years i met my husband. yes his family makes me very nervise think that im not good enough... always bring his ex name into any conversation... his daughter tried everything to get us apart but nothing helped... my childhood is the same as yours but i always thought that i can handel it... then my daughter whas molested by my stepfather that i so hate!!! its like now talking to you i feel my neck shakes a littel bit... sometimes even when i watsh tv or so... sounds that you have a very bad childhood also and im sorry !!!!!
life sucks realy bad!!!!
my daughter thinx im crazy she always said to me when im having an attack mommy why do you stres ? are you crazy you dont have to be affraid of anyone... then i think to myself yes that true but you dont know how it feels what i feel right know...
poeple dont understand your attacks... i always like to go to clubs and dance my ass off but now i cant do anything... feels like someone that doesnt have feet you cant go anywhere...
i will check that site out thank you so much!!!
wish i could give you some advise but i cant... cant help myself... but its nise to talk to some one that know what you are going thru..

yeah my mother in law has came right out and said im not good enough for her family and will never be good enough for her son! and ppl think im the devil for not wanting my kids to go over to somone who just sits there and talks c**p about me every chance she gets!! we use to be close she knows i was molested adn everything that has happened to me, but then something happened in our marrige and she blamed me, even though it wasnt my fault...saying that i was the one to blame that i must not be doing something right for that to happen...its a looooonnng story. i know parts where my fault but some of it was his to. she just cant think that her kids could ever screw up that she raised them and there perfect.so she makes me feel pretty crappy everytime i go over there. and she expects my husband to take up for her and leave me hangin lol!! shes one of a kind. itry not to let her bother me but its hard!! i let them go anyways cause my husband would get mad! hes not here alot he works 3 wks in arkansas then comes home for a week. so we only see him 12 wks out of a year...so im constanly thinking hes cheating and whatknot, weve had a pretty rocky relationship. its better though all the stuff we put each other thru has made us closer even though hes so far away. i know im pushing him away with all this that im going through too.

my doctor put me on xanex .5 mil....i take half every few days trying not to get addicted since i have the addictive personality. i only take it when i have to. when i start feeling crappy, that horrible feeling of overwhelmness and my hands tingle and my ears burn and ring. nausea adn dizziness. but it does help oh and i take it before i go to there house for sure!!!! lol! since you dont have heathcare you can go to the er adn they will give you something if what your taking dont work..and you can pay them out...lol i never have but tryin to!!
i have anxiety im a hypocondriac and i know im depressed dont know if its bipolar of just depression, i was trying to figure it out talkign to the therapist but i had to move not i cant get in for a month anywhere. so im not on anything but the xanex.....i know i need an anti depresant. right now ive turned back to god! ive had a rocky relationship with that one too.it helps kinda. but i guess i need to have faith in myself first. its hard to have a relationship with god seein as the person who molested me my whole childhood was a christain and went to church and talked about god in front of me and everyone and did those things when no one was around(my uncle) i ask myself what kind of christian would do that ya know. ....a broken one!!!!

i broke down to my bestfriend the other night after drinking myself retareded. and told her how i feel too....helpless worthless never amount to anything, why should anyone else care when i dont. i know im seriosly depressed and smoking pot had numbed me for the past seven years now i just have to deal with it. we need to find a way to love ouselves like everyone else does. even though im a paranoid freak and think everyone just likes me to my face,even my husband. hes trying to help so much but im just pulling him down with me i feel like!!!my depression is why i havve anxiety. i think horrible things that trigger my anxiety. just think positve and try and figure out whats causeing it. dont worry about what other ppl think your mother in law or whoever. you know who you are and if you dont like yourself change..thats what im trying to do! what kind of anti depressant do you take?

oh and im sorry about your daughter!! did you turn your step dad in? ive gone my whole life thinking maybe if i had turned my uncle in none of this would have happened!

i also smoke pot with my ex he told me that our relationship will be better if we do that.. so i whas also very addictive to that... then my husband when we dated he gave me extacy whow that whas good... i smoked now and then but extacy whas really good and we party with our friend about every weekend... then we did lsd also with extacy and i freaked out... im clean for a year now and dont do it anymore... my doctor gave me seretraline winthrop 50mg but im talking 100mg everyday...
my husband works overseas in Qatar im in South-Africa. this december it will be 2 years that he is working there... i visit him last month.. its tough to live like that... in the beginnig when i start with these panic attacks i also get dizzy and i run to the toilet cant hold and then i start to shake like crazy and sweat and my hart wont stop . Im sorry my english is not so good lol.. yes it takes 4 years to get him in court can you believe it... my daugter whas only 1 year and 11 months when i found out that she whas molested... it whas 'n big shock i coudnt move when i saw what she whas doing... we lost the case it whas only me and my mom that what do you call it?? we are the only to that could talk for her but it whas really scary the attorney ask my daugter at that time she whas only 6 years old he ask her how deep whas his finger in her? she had a doll she whas in a apartroom from the court with a socialworker and then she had to show how deep it whas... the attorney naild her... how must a child of that age of being molested at almost 2 know how deep it whas?????? REALLY
so we lost the case... after that i take her to a therapist but not for long... i know i have to take her again to make sure everything is ok...
there is alot of stupid mental peolple in the world... people that molested and rape !!!!!!!!
Im not a christian but i really do believe in God... And i understand how you feel that where whas He when that happens to you???
I whas also asked that question but you know ? its not God that let something happens to peolple its satan .
How old are you? I am 30 years old and i know my problems start the day i met my ex... i wish i never ever met that guy...
And i know my depresion start because of him...

im 23 i have two little boys, one and four! i cannot imagine, how is your daughter doin now? i never told anyone what was happening to me. not till i was 17 anyways. it started with my parents getting a divorce and i wanted to live with my dad, but my mom wouldnt let me i was 8, so i started going with my cousin on the weekends i didnt get to go to my dads, so every other weekend. i would wake up with him carrying me to his room then he would do whatever, and i would pretend that i was asleep cause i was so scared...now i hate myself for not screaming out or telling someone. my mom still dont know. my dads a preacher adn always woundered why i didnt have a good relationship with god, i didnt blame him, but when i would start to go to church or read the bible all that past stuff comes to my mind. its like i cant read my bible without thinking about it!!its gotten better i can read it now, and talk to god but its still in the back of my mind.i try not to be one of those girls i see that sit there and think about it all the time and i dont realy, i dont know why but it doesnt bother me that bad! therapy would be the best thing for your daughter! and to never be around that person again.
im going on a month and half clean. pretty proud of myself just wish i could get over the anxiety,ive smoked for seven years now, spent about 4-6 hundred dollars a month on it. i went through severe withdrawal....lost 15 lbs which i could stand to lose.

ive never even heard of that stuff. is that for depression only? the biggest advice i can give is do what ive been doing.....
-write down all the stuff that makes you feel the anxiety/depression
- then as much as you can try and stay away from it
-try and stay positve block out the sad thoughts or the thoughts that cause the anxiety with good ones
-if you can see a therapist/support group or anything
-go to the doctor of er and see about being put on somehting else that might help since yours isnt working
-excercise and talking releaes realeases the happy sh*t in your head so do it as much as possible
-next just remember your not going crazy this is mind over matter, your mind is a powerful thing, if you sit there and think about all the stuff that makes you feel anxious of depressed then your gonna be depressed of your gonna have an anxiety attacik.

you and your husband talk alot right? that must be hard with him so far away and i was whineing about only getting to see my husband 3 months out of the year. but hes only four hundred miles away

my daughter is ok... the time that i find out and know that something is wrong she whas not ok at all... about at the age of 7 when she play with her girlfriends she touch them on the private everytime i got so scared when she askes if she can go play with friends... and everytime well most of the time i catsh her and then i feel so angry at her and dont know what to do and then i start shacking and everything... i cried so many nights about her and her father is never in the picture he pays maintanace but never see her . yes my husband supports me and i know that he loves me and my child but i cant trust him ... dont know if i can ever trust a man... Can i ask you something??? how would you feel if youre husband email a friend and tell him that the lady in no 19 is so sexy and he will definitly skrew the sh*t out of her???? and she has been walking the dog with her daughter the last week? i saw that email me and my husband now my password and im hes... after we got married i think it whas like 3 months he facebooked a girl that find him on the net and she whas working with him a few years ago... in the whole email he told that girl how stunning and sexy she is... when i whas reading that i run for the tiolet and poo my lungs out en then my hart starts punding and in shacking i coudnt read it till the end.... thats why i cant trust him... i love him so much and i know he loves me too but things like that give me panic attacks.... You gave me some really good advise thank you so much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will definitly try to write everything down... it whas really nise to talk to you but i have to go to sleep now...
you must take good care of yourself and please take your own advise... i hope you feel better soon!!!!
and remeber that what happend to you whas not your folt... dont blame your self it feels like im talking to myself meaning that i know exactly what you are goning thru... my fathers friend i whas 4 years old when i whas molested he also took me to bed and do his thing and told me just to close my eyes... my mom and dad whas to bussy party with there friends to know what was goning on...
and then that guy whas out of the picture then some other friend came and do the same... my stepbrother rape me when my dad and stepmom whas asleep... i just close my eyes make if i whas sleeping tought then he would stop??? after a few min he did stop yes my life whas just like yours and we have to forget and try to go on...
we will talk soos ... thanx for the chat it really helped alot..

bye bye...

im so sorry. yeah a therapist would be best for your daughter... and it think if my husband was emailing ppl and doing stuff like that somethin would be said! alot of something! me and my husband have had a rough past..we have both cheated, sucks! but we have came past that and now know how much we love each other, and it will never happen again!!!! when i think about my husband cheating i make myself go into a panic attack. i dont think i would stay with him if he ever did again. but i stil dont have the same trust for him as i use too!
and like i said try and stay away from the stuff that makes you panic. if its ppl then thats hard! you will def. need to see a therapist. what does your husband do? why dont you have healthcare? i think the reason i felt so horrible yesterday adn today is becuse i had a weekend full of binge drinking ya know! well gotta cut this short sorry but i will get on here as soon as i can please take care adn try adn find that website. it has been doing some good for me