Hello friends. I have a huge problem with my mom lately. Ever since my dad abandoned us, she is having some serious problems and health issues. She is having some panic attacks. Thanks God, they are light ones (if I can call them light), but she is really worried. I am worried as well. I don't know how to help her, since she believes that this will go away on its own and that she doesn't need anyone to help her. Tell me - how to overcome chronic anxiety? It is really important for me to know this. Tnx.

The thing that makes fears and phobias so persistent is that virtually anything you do to oppose, escape, or distract from the anxious feelings and thoughts will be turned against you, and make the anxiety a more persistent part of your life.

This is why people notice "the harder I try, the worse it gets". They're putting out fires with gasoline.

If you come to see that you've been putting out fires with gasoline, you may not have any idea what to do next. But the first step is always the same: put down the buckets. Stop throwing gasoline on that fire.

As I always say, depression, anxiety, and panic attacks are the worst things that can happen to people. They break you down mentally, this is more worse than any kind of physical injury.

As far as I know, this requires professional help. You need someone who can go really deep on this one and who can do it better than a psychologist, huh? Your mom is already in age when she is smart enough to know that talking to a psychologist isn't a bad thing, just the opposite: it is an awesome thing and if she realizes that he can help, you are on the right track.

Hi Guest,

There is a lot of talk on the internet about anxiety, depression, and panic attacks, and about overcoming these things as well. You are going to find hundred advices regarding this matter, you just need to search for them and see which one fits you the most, then you just need to follow that advice.

I personally think that nature can help you a lot. If you can go somewhere high up in the mountains where there's not much people and live there, I think it would help you a lot. I think that spending some time in the nature alone can change a man.

Knowledge is a huge part of overcoming panic attack symptoms. Learning how the brain's fear center works can empower people to recognize a panic attack for what it is: a misfiring of the amygdala that causes a surge of adrenaline.

It is vital to understand that the symptoms of panic are not associated with a serious illness. Despite how terrifying the symptoms of panic may feel, an attack will not lead to death.

Our instinct is to breathe faster when hit with panic. Taking control of our breathing is the first step to controlling a panic attack. The goal is to create a slow stream of air in and out, which prevents hyperventilation and a build-up of carbon dioxide in the blood.

Good day everyone.
You first need to know that getting off anxiety is not like getting off trash from your home. It is not easy at all. As I can see your mom had really difficult life and there is no wonder because she is feeling this way right now. To get rid of the anxiety, you need to observe it very well. That is the only way how you can learn on controlling things such as depression or anxiety. If this is not helpful, you can always find a help from a doctor who can prescribe your mom some medications that can help her. I am sure at this. Good luck.

There are actually a couple of steps that can help you deal with chronic anxiety and to overcome chronic anxiety. I understand that your mom worries a lot, but that is normal part of the life. Well, you need to sit down with her and try to convince her to worry less. It is hard but it can help her. You need to help your mom to identify main signs of the anxiety in her case. When she is having some of those attacks, you need to tell her that she needs to control her body in situations like those. That is one of the ways.   

Good day there. I have lost my husband as well and I started to fight against anxiety as well. It is not easy, but I am a proof that you can overcome anxiety. First, you need to learn how to be calmer and you need to learn how to identify some of your anxiety triggers such are memories that you are sharing with him, places which you were visiting with him, some things that you were doing with him (I am telling this like I am talking to your mom). This is something that usually works. I didn't believe that it works when my friend told me that I need to do that, but I have tried and I overcome anxiety. And I am feeling good. I know that every person can do this as well.

Hey there. Those is one really nice experience. When I say nice, I mean because you beat up that anxiety. You were aware that you are dealing with it and that is the fist sign. I know that the most important thing is to deal with it, to recognize it and that will be just enough to start to fight anxiety. But also, people who are dealing with anxiety don't want to be around the people. So, try to convince your mother that it would be good for her to be with her friends. Socialization is also a key.

I dont know what to cal what im feeling ... I have unbearable panick attacks .. My heart beats so fast and i have that shaking in my bones no one would feel it but it makes me very weak ... Im scared of having cancer ... Any lump in my body i would say its cancer and aome tomes i start rouching all of my family members to look for lumps ... I read alot about cancer .. And its not helping :( it make things wors
I work all day and at night i gust start googling symptomps about all kind of cancer ..
Im really tired ...