Well it been over three months for me know that I havent smoked anything, I thought i would update everyone on here on how im doing.
At first I was suffering from really bad anxiety panic attacks and paranoia plus all the physical symptons that anxiety brings along. 'm happy to say that these symptons are like 75% gone. I'm feeling great these days on a more consistent basis. The physical dependance was easier to get over I dont feel like pot was that addictive to begin with. The mental problems that came up from smoking it everyday were the problem and are still not completley gone. Dont be fooled smoking pot wont be addictive but mentally it will make you retarded haha

EIther way I'm here to say that im feeling great and its only been three months, I wanna here how some of you other people are doing... JIMMY update us, Vengie#### how you doing for those who are feeling good come post and let us know!!

Exercise and getting out of my house at any time is helping allot, I also think there a direct corelatin between not smoking pot and girls attracted to me, for every month i quit two girls start talking to me hehe

Hope the rest of you are doing as great as me.. The goal is to come back here at 6 months and really brag about sobriety from WEED ... it might not be such a big deal to those addicted to harder substances but i've become sensitive to this drug and it was hard to get here.

Cheers and happy non smoking (kleeshay)

B

Congratulations Benjamin!!!!!! It is true that MJ isn't as addictive as some of the other c**p out there, but it was for you, so that's the only thing that matters - right?! So good for you for following a more healthier way of life! It gets easier and easier, then all of a sudden you wake up one day and think "You know what I haven't thought about that c**p for ? months!" It's a great feeling! So good luck I know you can do it! And this will help others whom might be struggling with it! Addiction is a lonely thing to endure and the more people that come out and say "If I can do it so can you! and give them hope and advice: the easier it becomes! I wish I had this site when I was kicking my addiction to the curb! BUT the good thing is now I can honestly say what to expect and help those people going through it! So thankyou for the update! take care!

Hey, your post really stokes me out 'cause I seriously want to quit. I know rich rewards are around the corner as I've felt great too, and had LIFE, after I got away from the THC. I got myself back and was pretty happy. Character was restored. Being sober helped out with mental issues too, big time. I'm getting back on the wagon tomorrow and I'm very excited. I'll post periodic updates.

Keep on brother, keep on. You're on the absolute right path!!!

well four weeks and two days sober !and im back in texas now so the anxiety from being in a weird place is gone. i sitll have anxiety just not as bad as when i was in arkansas away from everyone and everything.

I really wish the anxiety would go away and the paranoia. as you know i was a hypocondriac, now that ive stopped smoking its so much worse. i keep thinking everything is wrong with me. Stupid i know, but its really hard. im doing alot better though. MY friends are now supporting me. Even my old dealer was astounded! congragulated me and everything. My dad doesnt smoke in front of me or nothing everyone is being super supportive now that they understand that i was addicted. And had a major problem.

Congrats benj!! i cant wait!!! Do you feel normal? Thats what i want most! This sober stuff is kinda weirding me out. I feel like im in a dream for the most part. its been subsiding, and i dont wake up with anxiety, but before i go to bed i do get it. i guess thats my paranoia....and hypocondriac c**p! Thinking im not gonna wake up iff i go to sleep!! again stupid i know!

I wish i could say i was proud of myself! but im not dont know why but im not. tired really really tired! stressed and everything in between

well if yall have any advice let me know.

" I feel like im in a dream" its a side effect too called depersonalization It goes away slowly ;-).. the funny thing is when you smoke you have all these same feelings your just numb to them and now that your sober youhave to deal with them. All I have to say is keep chucking dont expect to feel 100% so soon I'm not even 100% and its been over three months, In fact last night I was so upsed cause I needed to sleep early and my whole family was making so much noise till so late. For them its no biggie cause they fall a sleep quickly for me its huge cause it literally takes me forever to fall a sleep.. I think the next step for me is to change my environment still living at home must be conrtibuting to my anxiety.. If I was you vengie try looking deepr into your life to see what else you can chage to help alleviate your paranoia and hypocondriacth sometimes its something you never expected.

B

yep i was numb to everything except being high thats why i would smoke so much to make all of that go away and yep facing it head on is so hard!! So freaking hard! i know its gonna take time and me being impatient is gonna make it harder. i live with my parents again :'( but its actually alittle better cause im not alone all the time!i know its gonan get better just wish it would hurry!

Hi Guys! Like you said it just doesn't get 100% over night! I'm going through some REALLY bad stuff right now and would love to "Get away from it all" But I can't because IF I started I wouldn't stop, and the bad stuff would still be there PLUS being back to being addicted! I can tell you both - with heart on hand - to just hold on and it WILL get better! And Vangie being a hypochondriac makes it harder as you think there is always something worse going on! You might need counselling with that, which - by the way - has NOTHING to do with addiction! But the addiction has EVERYTHING to do with being a hypochondriac!!! Does that make sense? What I am trying to say is this, when you are a hypochondriac, you need to find reasons for this and that, and it HAS to be bad! So instead of verbally announcing to the world that you are worried about everything, you become addicted easily to substances that can mask you being a hypochondriac! I hope that makes sense!! %-)

Also know, if you have an addictive personality, you are prone to being addicted to ANYTHING!!! What that means is you can be addicted to Carrots, Mints, Salted food, Hurting yourself, even stating things that aren't real - such as hypochondria and making things happen to get sympathy! When we are addicts we become used to the attention of others, either by being the life of the party, or the most violent one there! It is an attention getter and a feeling number! So all of a sudden you don't have this great big crutch and you HAVE to feel! You HAVE to be "normal"! And you HAVE to just get on with things just like the rest of the world! So just know that this is a HARD transformation, and you have to surround yourself with people that WONT enable you to wollow or go back to your old ways! Because it is FAR easier to fall back than take steps up! Once again does this make sense?!!! I tell ya!, what's in my head isn't usually the same as what's on this computer!!! ;-) XD

Can you tell me a little more about depersonalization? I think that I have a friend who's suffering from it and I'd like to know if there's any sort of treatment for it. If you have any ideas, I'd appreciate it. Thanks :)

Hi Blue dog What it means is, that you truly believe this ISN'T happening to YOU! It HAS to be other peoples problem OR that all of these symptoms can't POSSIBLY be related to my pills, booze, drugs, etc. It HAS to be something worse!! Your brain is the addicted one, and it WONT allow you to be you, or be "normal" without being drunk, stoned, high, etc. The hardest part of kicking an addiction is getting your brain to work WITHOUT destroying you in the process! Your brain - as you know - is the mainframe of your body! And your organs and limbs are the auxillary computers! So when you Mainframe - brain - gets a virus, it thinks that one of the Auxillary Computers has the virus and causes it to stop working or shut down or do weird things! And it takes someone to come along and FIX and DEBUG the mainframe, so that the ENTIRE system - body and mind - can work as one again! Does that make sense!? It's just a matter of time that's all! Your friend might even be acting like a hypochondriac too - it's just their brain that is making him/her think and react that way! Just tell them, they WILL be fine!

MIND OVER MATTER sucks

It's not that, that sucks! It's getting used to the world through clear eyes again! And figuring out how to deal with it! I'm going through some REALLY bad things right now! And on Saturday night, I actually looked at my Percocet "Talisman" in the bottom of my purse!!!!!!! I sat there staring at it, thinking "JUST FOR TONIGHT!!!!" I actually shed a tear when I closed my purse back up! I just keep rolling with the punches and know that IF I took that pill, ALL HELL!! WOULD BREAK LOOSE!!! Granted certain parts of our lives SUCK!!! But they did before, we were just too stoned to notice or care! That's the difference! And then the dope just compounded our prob lems with deterioating relationships, missed days at work, shaking, being sick etc. That's what SUCKED!!!

ive actually done good with not relapsing. two nights in roll now ive been around pot adn not smoked. the first night i was drunk and my cousin wanted to go to a friends when we left the bar so i took her over. i seen the weed on the table it was just shwag so i wasnt impressed and they smoked it stunk really bad didnt even wanna smoke:) i was proud of myself. the second night same thing i was drunk and at a friends and they brought it out and it smelled so good i wanted to smoke it so bad. i just told them i was going outside for a cig.... well i broke down in front of alot of ppl ppl i didnt even know. it sucked. i didnt smoke even though i had my so called friends just telling me one hit wont hurt...i was like F-YOU i made it this far and im not giving up. but now after binge drinking two days in a roll i ffeel like total sh*t! im proud of you i know how hard pills are. i went to rehap for valium when i was seventeen....5-6 v-cuts a day and smoked adn drank. my step dad was also an addict he was taking up to 30 ten mill. gram vicoidin a day for the last 20 years. hes off now but addicted to the methadone. the docs said he would prob never get off that. but it is like mind of matter i will sit tehre and tell my self im going crazy and yep i go even crazeir i feel like my mind enjoys torturing me and what im going through. suicide was an option the first week i quit smoking and since i went out drinking and had to be in front of all of it and ppl not supporting me im on the verge of giving up on myself, i know i cant for my kids but i want to sometimes, just numb it all again. i know its gonna get better i keep telling myself that. i seen how you were talkign to one lady on the anxiety website seeing thats one of my major issues right now. i wish i had someone to talk to about my probs like that. i feel like i look like a nutter when i tell ppl my problems, or conceited cause im trying to fix whats wrong with me and all i do is talk about myself. it helps seeing stuff on here ands saying damn i thought i was bad these ppl are really screwed then i feel horrible for saying that stuff lol! mind over matter tell yourself your okay and you will be right???? tell yourself your a peice of sh*t and you become one. i just some positve input in my llife

oh yeah i wanted some input for my hbby and myself....hes come quit fond of the vicodin and percoset lately....he has a pinched siatic nerve(however you spell it) and carprell tunnel(agian mispelled) were trying to fix it but for now he has to take the pain meds..two months ago he took 45 vicodin within two and half days! he wasnt really there i knew he was totally messed up so i went to take the pills thats when i knew how much he had taken. i was like are you trying to kill yourself you must be!!!! so after that i got to moderate how many he took. well he works away from home. hes here a week gone three and he goes to the doctors where hes at adn gets pills. took forty percocet in three days. i know its not that bad but it interferes and he dont think it does. it does in bed and with the kids. im trying to help him in all this and help myself what do i do???? i dont want him to become addicted. i feel like i drove him to this with all the sh*t ive been putting him through. like im drowing him while im drowinng myself. i dont know if he has any right now cause he hides them but i know ive quit smoking dont you think he should quit the pills!!!

Hi honey! First of all I'm sending you a HUGE hug! and I just want to tell you I am SO proud of you! Second, you CAN'T fix your husband you can only fix yourself! My friends and family and even a walk in doctor told me I was an addict, I thought they were NUTS!! And didn't do anything till I was ready! It is a weird natural instinct to sabotage others, even if they are family or dear friends! It's as though they think you wont need them anymore if you get better, or thinner etc. It's weird!!! Don't worry about them, they are uncomfortable thinking that you can do it and they can't! Strangers WILL have more sympathy and understanding.

I too felt like I sent my son to try drugs!!! He saw me stoned out of my mind, he saw me trying to quit, and he has seen me laughing my head off while on "special cookies"! I was SO mad that he still went ahead and tried dope, when he knew how hard it was for me!

Your husband was probablly always an addict, with one thing or another, he has just found the pain killers now! I took 300 Percocet a month!!! So what he is taking is equal to what I was taking and I became an addict in no time! He is already addicted to them, because if it was for pain, he would have that under control WELL before 40 percocets!!

I have a debilitating spinal disorder, and believe me what he has is NOTHING compared to what I and others have been through and are going through! He is an addict pure and simple, as are you! So you have to help yourself 1st, THEN he can hopefully start helping himself! You can't be in 2 places at the same time! He is a grown man, who has been caught up in the disgusting cycle of pain control and addiction.

Phone his doctor if need be - and the pharmacy and tell them he is taking too much! Also if his doctor doesn't care! Threaten him with a lawsuit!!!! I wish I had gone ahead with my lawsuit with my so called doctor!!!!

Hold on honey, it will get easier and easier, and the only thing I'm worried about right now is that you have stated that you were drunk, don't fall into substituting booze for drugs! Because when you are an addict your brain will cecaite it with whatever it can get it's hands on! People have been known to be addicted to Salt! Carrots! mints! Etc. etc. It's one addiction to another! Our brains are so deceptive!!! So you have to trick them back - by drinking virgin cocktails etc. I know that sounds nuts, but it works, it is like having 2 brains, the one that will trick the addicted brain and the addicted brain that will believe anything infront of it!

Another good tip for your husband is for you to cut his drugs in half and fill a smaller container! The addicted brain thinks "Oh I've got plenty of this! I don't need to panic!!" It is truly amazing!!!

Good luck honey and keep on talking and venting to us OK?

HEEEEEEEY :-) What is up my non smoking companions... If you can smoke and handle your life fine than do it, if you cant than quit .. That right there has taken me ten years to figure out!

BLUEEE Depersonalization is probably one of the hardest things ive had to deal with latley. It really feels like your in a dream where nothing is real. I find myself looking at the paint on the wall and wondering how fake it looks, if that makes any sense. Certain types of carpets trip me out too, but its not all the time its more like for a minute or two and than i snap out of it. Its a feeling of detachment, when you body stresses out the way ours have been like anxiety and panic attacks depersonalization is a defense mechanism wierd but it doesnt help just like the body and the addiction it thinks its helping but its not. Some things that help are amino acids and omgas three, try 5 htp and gaba, an herb that helped me too is ashwagandha. The most important thid to do to help your friend is teach him how to eliminate the stress and or substances contributing to the imbalance in his life. Once in the proper environment we can all heal...
3 months 2 weeks no weed .. the proccess is slow but i feel better, im actually dating a girl for the first time in 9 months hoolllar and shes hot!!! Vengie BAMBI coming to terms with my problems is one of the hardest things to do once i get there maybe i will stop with the self guilt ,,,, u two are good people i think myself tooo we need to stop putting ourselves down for the mistakes weve made and just move on....
KEEP CHUCKING