I haven't had a scan yet but it seems like I am a candidate for having a troubled parathyroid. I have been reading everything written in this sight and I am now confused, frightened and want to know how to proceed. Is it possible to find a surgeon that is tops in the field of parathyroid surgery in the state of New Jersey? If so, who and where. I guess I have had high calicum in my blood since 1998 and according to everything I read in Dr. Norman's blog, I am on a cliff ready to fall. Any positive information will be gratefully accepted.

Barb

It is little hard to tell anything without any tests being done. Parathyroid is responsible for controlling other gland secreting hormones. In my opinion you should see your doctor and then ask him to recommend a surgeon that is top in the class. You have to understand that this is not too complicated procedure, and it is common now days. Are you using any supplement to lover the calcium in your blood? Are you having any problems with vitamin D? Usually people who have problems with parathyroid have issues with vitamin D levels. You are having calcium levels problems for long time and you should really do some blood test to know how severe problem is.

I hope you found one. I am in the same boat. Can you share any results about your search? Had my first two high calcium readings this year and one high pth reading. Hope you are cured.

Just had parathyroid surgery with dr sandau in south jersey... not quite as easy as advised...4 days out and very sore...