I had a parathyroid adenoma removed 3 weeks ago and don't feel better. At one week my calcium was 10.2 which is higher than before the operation when it was 10 and my PTH was 55 down from 92. The doctor says the levels usually fall right away. I am wondering if anyone has had this happen and if the operation failed.

HI moonchild, I'ms orry to hear that the surgery didn't go well for you and it sounds like it didn't actually do anything. I don't know what to tell you but I do want to offer my support. I am sure someone else will be along to post some support for you. How are you holding up otherwise?

Hello there,

I hope that after all this time which has passed since you have had parathyroid surgery your values are normal now and that you are living normal life although you need to drink hormones every day.  

Do you care to share what has happened afterwards and what measures did you took to get your hormones and calcium in order?

My sister will probably have to do the same surgery so I am very curious to hear experience from real people who have gone through that procedure. I will appreciate your answer very much and thank you any way. I hope that everything is fine in your case now and that you want to share details with me. 

I have my parathyroid adenoma removed on June 28, and I feel no different. I am scheduled to see my doctor again next week. I am very disappointed to say the least, as I was assured that I would feel so much better. I am tired, aching, have a lot of stomach and chest pain, and just general fatigue. I have no ambition and all I want to do is sleep.

I had my tumour removed one week ago. All I want to do is sleep too. I feel worthless