I just stopped taking Seasonique on 1/10/07 because of serious side effects. I was taking for 5.5 weeks. I started bleeding yesterday morning so I assumed it was my period. I have always been very normal, no bad cramping, clotting, moderate flow only. Flow has been normal, I had only used 2 pads all day. In the evening I was standing for a bit and got intense cramping so I had to sit down for about 30 mins. When I used the restroom after that I noticed a large "clot" fell into the toilet. I retrieved it since I was curious because I NEVER have clots. It was about the size of a ping pong ball, some dark blood with mostly pink tissue attached. Since I passed I have had a headache which may be coincidental. Bleeding has stayed the same, no further cramping or clots. There was a potential for conception the beginning of Nov during my ovulation before I had started the pill. I did have a period that came a few days early at the end of November. I thought it was normal but don't actually recall. Is it possible that I was pregnant and have now miscarried? I had attributed my fatigue, bloating, emotional roller coaster to the Seasonique but now wonder!

I also could have conceived right after starting to take these pills, and I had a very similar experience to yours, but mine started 8 weeks after starting them. Intense cramping, and a 4" by 1" tissue came out. Bizarre. I guess it could be a miscarriage. I'll be calling the doctor tomorrow.

I started Seasonique in August, and 2 months later suffered a miscarriage when I had no idea I was pregnant! I thought anything was a side effect of the pill. Then after 2 months, started bleeding and developed into heavy bleeding with intense pain and cramps. Then passed large "clot" which upon inspection was clearly placenta, embryo and sac. Took with me to ER. Had to have D & C. Seasonique should be called pregnancy pills instead of birth control pills.