Hello. Can anybody here tell me something more about polycystic ovarian syndrome??? I heard something about it on Opra recently, but did not catch the whole story… And it really seemed as something important so I would like to find out more about it.

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (or PCOS) is a disorder that affects millions of women. Actually, PCOS is an unfortunate term because the word "ovarian" appears in the name of this syndrome, and, therefore, many people automatically assume that it is purely an ovarian disease. But, in fact, it is a systemic endocrine and metabolic disorder. I think it should be called the "Poly-Cystic Ovary/Excess Androgen Production /Adrenal Hyperplasia / Insulin Resistant / Hyperpipidemic / Often Overweight / Anovulatory /Hirsute / Sometimes Acne" Syndrome. Anyway, to shorten the story, there are really many sites devoted to this subject and you should be able to find more info there.