Hi, i have always had irregular periods, sometimes years apart and was always told by doctors that some women are like that. After my sister was diagnosed with PCOS i went back to the doctors and had a scan my ovaries were full of cysts and the size of golfballs. I have been on the pil now for 2 years. My question is at 42 is it even worth thinking of trying to get pregnanat after such a late diagnosis, i really don't think we could cope with the heartache if we tried and something went wrong....any good new stories out there or tips please.

Hi honey! 1st BIG hugs! 2nd to get pregnant you need to ovulate - the cysts are causing your ovaries to be out of whack! So talk to your doctor and ask him about putting you on Clomid or Metformine! These are known to boost your ovulation and even cause a period! Also start taking prenatal vitamins - as they have been proven to increase your fertility! Also know that with cysts IF you become pregnant they AVE to watch them - due to increase in hormones! But MANY women I have counselled on here have gotten pregnant with cysts! You just need some help from the medical community! I also tell women to have sex as much as possible - thus me getting fflowers fromt heir partners ;-) XD And also each time keep your buttocks raised - with pillows - helping out mother nature! What we need is for you to start getting a period and ovulating OK? I wish you ALL the luck and health in the world! And please keep me updated!

:? Hi everyone im 25yrs old. I never been pregnant. I also never been diagnose with PCOS. For some strang reason i feel that i my have it. Every since i can remeber ive always. Have had an irregular period. Here im lookin for reason why i can conceive. I read the signs of PCOS. I got all of those . The bloating, nasue, fatgue, no perod and even the hardenig of my stomach. Went to the doctor, and they counld tell me what was wrong. took HPT negative.. I just counldnt understand what was gong on wih my body..! Since then ive been looking on to computer fo answers , and i got PCOS..! So my questin is what do i ned to do to fx it...? To my my chances of have a family come ture...! Faithfuly watin...!!! :?

Hi Shevon! There are 2 things that are possible - 1 is PCOS and the 2nd is Endometriosis! So the first thing to do is ask your doctor for a Transvaginal Ultrasound - this will show if you have cysts or not! Also there are several types of medications to handle the cysts! OR if they are really big they can be surgically removed! The times it can affect your fertility, is IF you don't ovulate! Also IF you have a larger cyst, the doctors HAVE to watch it - as it can grow (from the hormones) through pregnancy! just know that it IS possible to conceive with PCOS! There are drugs called Metformine and Clonid that can help you get pregnant! So don't stress too much OK? MANY women have cysts, some go away and some need to be pushed! Good luck and health!