I had my last period on July 20th. I was supposed to get my period this month on August 17th (my cycle is usually 28 days long), but it is now August 21st and still nothing. I am sexually active, but always use a condom. I am not trying to get pregnant, I am just concerned that I might be. I have taken a pregnancy test already but it was negative. I recently started a new job, quit smoking, and am getting over being sick (I was on strong meds) and understand that all of the above could have contributed to a late period but I don't even feel bloated or anything as if I was expecting my period. I do however have some discomfort in the vaginal area. Could I still be pregnant? When should I test again?

I doubt that you are. Stress and being sick can contribute to your period being late. I would wait a couple days before taking a new preganancy test. No need to waste money on another test if your period ends up coming soon.