why would i get a period after 7 years of menopause,
is it still possible to get pregnant,
what medical reasons would have this effect

You really don't need to be to concerned. Decreases levels of estrogen cause the vaginal walls to become thinner and more prone to bleeding, especially after intercourse. A vaginal infection could also start the bleed.
Menopause does not mean permanent infertility, particicularly in the case of premature menopause, which is not your case, just threw that in for your information.
MEDLINE has looked into this phenomenon and found 116 pregnancy cases which occured 2.4 years after menopause.
If your doctor has confirmed that you have gone completly thru menopause, it is next to impossible for you to get pregnant. There are no eggs left for your ovaries to release. No ovulation, no baby.

I had my last period in early 03. It reared it's ugly head again just this year. A full period mind you. I thought, oh no, those damn things are back?? AAARGH... I got one more 2 months later. Here we are almost into August and nothing more has happened. But i do bleed when i have intercourse, not a lot, just enough to be annoying.
I hope this helped a little. You may want to give your Doctor a ring. He may want to check you out just to make sure evrything is cool.

If you have bleeding after 7 years of menopause you need to see a gyno asap it certainly reason for alarm..cancer is always suspected if there is post menopausal bleeding of any kind.please dont delay see your doc..

cesi have not had intercourse in 8 years

It is reason to be concerned, not alarmed. I have had all the tests, transvaginal and pelvic ultrasounds and endometrial biopsy, blood tests, all come back clear yet I have had a period 6 years post menopause. No cancer history at all. While it is uncommon women do have what is called a rogue ovulation and therefore have a period. From all I have read this can happens as much as 10 years after last period. By all means have any bleeding investigated but please don’t assume the worst, most cases are due to something other than cancer.