I am 59.I had menopause at 55. For last two days I am having slight bleeding? Is it serious? Pl advice.

Hi: Probably not, it is more likely due to POST menopause symptoms. There is Pre Menopause, Peri Menopause, Post Menopause then death ;-) XD That is why I know God is a Man!!!! ;-) All kidding aside, it takes a long time for a menopausal womans body to go back to some sort of normality. If your bleeding gets more severe, have your doctor run hormone tests on you. Just to put your mind at ease. Good Luck and Health

If you begin to bleed again after reaching menopause — having gone a full year without a period or bleeding — it can be a confusing and somewhat frightening occurrence. But it is a more common occurrence than you think.

While it is far more common to experience post-menopausal bleeding due to shifting hormones, the less likely scenario is that abnormal cells are developing in the uterus. This can be a symptom of a minor abnormality like hyperplasia of the uterus, or of the more severe issue of uterine cancer. The good news is that all of these scenarios are highly treatable. But it is crucial for the woman whose situation needs more intervention to be identified as early as possible. See your doctor if you are even the least bit concerned.