Hi all. I’m 24 and play soccer. Anyway, so far I had few ankle injuries wrom which I would always recover within a week or two. But, last week I had another ankle dislocation and did not get better ever since. Pains is really severe…. My coach tld me to rest and put some ice on it, but that doesn’t seem to help much. Can you give me advice on what to do??? Should I se a doc? Should I take some meds for this?? Thnx…

Injuries to the peroneal tendons. Like the one you described, are common but not always too significant or severe. Acute injuries of the peroneal tendons include tendinitis, tear or rupture, laceration, and dislocation or subluxation. They typically have 1 of 2 mechanisms as the cause: or inversion ankle injury, or a powerful contraction of the peroneal muscles with a forcefully dorsiflexed foot. Anyway, most ankle injuries are managed with rest, ice, compression, and elevation. Anti-inflammatory drugs can also be prescribed to reduce inflammation and pain. Once the swelling and pain has decreased, a more extensive examination should be performed.